Wiki Posts
Search

Vege meal on 772

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, QF Gold
Vege meal on 772

Just a question to any of the vegetarians out there(if any)
Am taking my 7yo daughter to japan to go to disneyland next month for a few days before her 1st brother/sister arrives into the world in early July and am just wondering what the meal service will be like for her as a vegetarian in BP
(Her choice as her mother is a vegetarian and what can I do as a real steak lover)
Is it still a business class meal experience ie seperate starters and mains or will it come out like an economy meal ie all at once?
Having never flown on a NZ 772 is the experience a noticeable step down from the 773??
As a side question I have never flown to or from NRT on a star alliance airline(usually OW) so any recommendations on lounges at NRT would be greatly appreciated
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:11 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
BP meals are identical to other flights with a starter followed by the main. I've got no idea what the BP vegetarian option would be and I'd suggest ringing Air NZ may be the best option. I flew business return on a 763 a couple of weeks ago so have both menus (food service is the same) if you want to know the meal options that are offered for yourself.

77E is a slight step down from a 77W but I doubt you'll sleep on the day flight over anyway. Mattresses aren't quite as a good as the 77W. IFE is a huge step backwards with the Rockwell Collins system that's all 4:3 aspect ratio with lots of badly formatted content.

The best lounge at NRT is the ANA one.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by temete23
(Her choice as her mother is a vegetarian and what can I do as a real steak lover)
Is it still a business class meal experience ie seperate starters and mains or will it come out like an economy meal ie all at once?
Starter and mains are separate.

Steaks on AirNZ are as rare as hen's teeth these days.
If you really like steak, fly another airline. The closest thing you will get is a economy type casserole style beef, in BP it is usually under some pastry they call Hot Pot. If you are lucky, there will be no gristles in it.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, QF Gold
Originally Posted by poopbunny
Starter and mains are separate.

Steaks on AirNZ are as rare as hen's teeth these days.
If you really like steak, fly another airline. The closest thing you will get is a economy type casserole style beef, in BP it is usually under some pastry they call Hot Pot. If you are lucky, there will be no gristles in it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.