Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WLG Base
Please add your details directly into the wiki if you feel confident/have wiki-posting privileges. To do this you must be member for at least 90 days/90 posts. Alternatively, please post as normal and someone will be along to add the details here.

Please also update here:
Current to post #73

LOUNGE OFFERS/REQUESTS: Requests are in Royal Blue

A reminder - those offering guesting are quite happy to be guested to a superior lounge! If an offer/request is taken, please consider to STRIKE it rather than taking it down, but it is not essential.

Friendly suggestion - you might want to be considerate to your fellow NZ FF'ers & try to avoid offers during peak times of the week, to help alleviate the existing over-crowding issue at various NZ lounges. Thank you

SEPTEMBER 2022
REQUEST 16-SEP-2022 / 04:00 - 06:00 / WLG / NZ Int / Mark Goston

Print Wikipost

Air New Zealand lounge meet up thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: NZ - Elite, QF - Gold, Flying Blue - Petroleum Club, SIA - Solitaire PPS, EY- Gold Elite, EK- Gold
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Sorry but I do not agree with this post, it undermines the effort/cost that we put into earning status with NZ to access the Lounges.

The lounges are already over-crowded, and really don't need people being guested in all the time.
Totally agree. The Auckland lounge is heaving with people at the best of times, certainly no need for anymore.

The Brisbane lounge is like feeding time at the zoo, it seems to attract a disproportionate number of bogans. I would like to see AirNZ implement a "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy like Qantas have, it might at least clean the place up a bit. I'm guessing the Brisbane lounge is like it is because of the numbers of people that buy the works deluxe fares, which then gives them a free pass into the lounge. Some of these people you would wonder they have never seen food before, the way they get stuck into the food trough...
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by mattyroo
The Brisbane lounge is like feeding time at the zoo, it seems to attract a disproportionate number of bogans. I would like to see AirNZ implement a "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy like Qantas have, it might at least clean the place up a bit. I'm guessing the Brisbane lounge is like it is because of the numbers of people that buy the works deluxe fares, which then gives them a free pass into the lounge. Some of these people you would wonder they have never seen food before, the way they get stuck into the food trough...
The Brisbane lounge is also about the size of a shoebox and as far as we know hasn't been renovated for at least 10 years...

It is also used by a number of other carriers, including Virgin Australia before their daily 777 service to LAX. Our experience was that it was uncomfortably crowded before this flight.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: NZ Silver; BA blue; Velocity red; Qantas Silver
I've just dropped back from Gold to Silver and although I can use my vouchers in the Koru lounges, I can't in the international lounges.

I am booked on the NZ2 departing Sat 2nd May from AKL to LHR and wonder if anybody on that flight could kindly guest me in at LAX?
Old Apr 11, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Originally Posted by Cappuccino
I've just dropped back from Gold to Silver and although I can use my vouchers in the Koru lounges, I can't in the international lounges.

I am booked on the NZ2 departing Sat 2nd May from AKL to LHR and wonder if anybody on that flight could kindly guest me in at LAX?
Best to put a lounge request in. I'll put it up on the Wiki above for you.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I can guest someone into the CHC domestic lounge almost every Friday at 12.00. I commute weekly to PPQ and have bookings from now until the end of July.

The lounge is usually half full and 12.00 is the time they wheel out the hot but unexciting lunch service.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
OFFER 18-MAY-2015 (SAT) / 08:30 onwards / WLG / DOM / dadig
OFFER 19-MAY-2015 (SUN) / 18:00 onwards / AKL / DOM / dadig
OFFER 30-MAY-2015 (SAT) / 05:00 onwards / WLG / INTL / dadig (2 guests)
OFFER 01-JUN-2015 (MON) / 16:00 onwards / SYD / INTL / dadig (2 guests new lounge)
Old May 2, 2015, 4:23 am

Request AKL INT Sun May 31 1730-1930

First time trying this but appreciate the generosity of other FTers!
Thanks
J
Old May 20, 2015, 2:05 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
OFFER 26-JUN-2015 (FRI) / 05:00 onwards / WLG / INTL / dadig (2 guests)
OFFER 28-JUN-2015 (SUN) / 16:00 onwards / SYD / INTL / dadig (2 guests new lounge)
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: NZ
Fancy a pint!

Hello there.

Flying NZ 6 Saturday 6th June down the back!

Would appreciate being someone's guest into the NZ lounge.

Planning to be airside 4.15pm onwards.

If not, more than happy to have a beer in the concourse bar area also.

Cheers,

Michael
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: NZG,QF S
OFFER 11-Jun-2015 / 18:30-22:00 / LAX / TBI *A lounge / trg2u
Old Nov 28, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Can anyone guest in at akl int 2/1/16 6am or earlier

My daughter is flying out ex AKL international 2/1/16 NZ937 7am would there be any kind person that could guest her in?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Cappuccino

A shame you're on the 2nd of May, I'm going on the 3rd otherwise I could guest you in.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: NZ Silver; BA blue; Velocity red; Qantas Silver
Originally Posted by buriburi123
A shame you're on the 2nd of May, I'm going on the 3rd otherwise I could guest you in.
That was earlier this year but thanks anyway
Old Dec 22, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints
REQUEST 13-FEB-2015 (SAT) / 12:00-15:00/ AKL / DOM / iloveflying2009

Hey would really love to try the Koru Lounge in Auckland on Saturday the 13th on my little WLG-NSN-AKL-WLG flying day trip
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:33 pm

Programs: NZ *S
REQUEST 16-04-2016 / 19:00 onwards / AKL / INTL / ffdunedin
I am NZ Gold travelling to WUH (via SIN on NZ282) with two friends - can't show favouritism and only take one of them in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.