Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Air New Zealand Forum Dashboard Feedback

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air New Zealand Forum Dashboard Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:02 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Air New Zealand Forum Dashboard Feedback

We’ve been spring cleaning today and one thing you will have noticed is we’ve removed the sticky threads that have taken pole position in this forum for months, years even.

As you can see, we have introduced some changes to the way the stickies are organised. Taking our cue from the BA forum, we adopted their best practices and modular approach whereby valuable content and FAQs launch from a single flexible sticky thread. This effectively hands back valuable real estate to you for your daily reading and discussion, and avoids sticky overload. We've also given a great deal of thought into the efficiency and effectiveness this key information and content is presented to you. So in response to this we've created the new http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...dashboard.html thread which contains widgets that will direct you to popular threads. If you'd like to see other threads added, please feel free to shout out and post your nominated threads here.

We trust this graphically enhanced user interface will improve navigation and access to the threads you're looking for. Do note, widget functionality requires you to enable images in your user settings.

Thank you for your understanding, ongoing support, and valued contribution to the Air New Zealand | Air Points Forum.

Prospero
on behalf of the Senior Moderator team
Old Apr 5, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I like it. Nice work ^
Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:15 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I have images disabled. For me, the dashboard contains links to some images but not to threads.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Hi Prospero. I like the new widget approach but will they show when there is a new posting to avoid unnecessary searches of the Dashboard?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I had oped that as part of the clean up that new threads with only the latest or relevant information would be created eg. Seating Thread is very long and contains much out of date info from years ago making it virtually useless. However I know to do this would take a lot of time and commitment for someone to keep it up to date, and I do not have the time to do it.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 5:25 pm

There was a NZ Itinerary thread, that might qualify.

Thought, I would like to propose changing the name of that thread (or rename the Dashboard Widget) to like "Lounge Pass" or "Free Lounge Pass" or similar.

Have plenty of Lounge eVouchers to burn.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:20 pm

Thought, I would like to propose changing the name of that thread (or rename the Dashboard Widget) to like "Lounge Pass" or "Free Lounge Pass" or similar.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:28 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by poopbunny

Thanks poopbunny for the great suggestion. The following widgets have been added to the dashboard:

Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Folks, I would like to check in with you as i’d welcome your feedback on the dashboard. Are the links still relevant to the forum? Do you still find the dashboard useful?

If you’d like to see new widgets added (or old ones removed), please feel free to post your feedback and suggestions here.

Many thanks

Prospero
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by Prospero
Folks, I would like to check in with you as i’d welcome your feedback on the dashboard. Are the links still relevant to the forum? Do you still find the dashboard useful?

If you’d like to see new widgets added (or old ones removed), please feel free to post your feedback and suggestions here.

Many thanks

Prospero
Hi Prospero

This could be user error but judging by the lack of activity on these, they seem to be too hidden to be of much benefit.

I don't go into the sticky because there is no way of showing whether the threads have new posts in them. It just looks like an un-highlighted thread at the top of the page to me.

I look for threads in bold with new posts and so the dashboard in its current incarnation is not useful for me (unless there is some way that I am not aware of).

Thanks
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
As someone new to Air NZ (I have several bookings for an upcoming trip, but have not flown on the airline), the forum is so dead and lacking in useful/accurate/readily-accessible info it makes me wonder if I should be looking at a NZ-based travel website instead of a US-based one for decent information about the airline.

When someone looks at the dashboard there's just the "master" thread with a few other threads. It seems like there should be a master thread or a dashboard, not both (it's redundant and confusing to have both). The master thread seems to be a bunch of boiler-plate info (much stale) that one can easily find for themselves (e.g., the various country-specific websites that Air NZ runs) while lacking unique advice (e.g., for pricing [at least for domestic NZ flights] People should just use the NZ-based website because the other websites like .uk and .com only seem to exist to price gouge foreigners).

As for the seating map thread, it's not useful to have discussions for all aircraft type in the same thread. Reading through the thread is like listening to several unrelated discussions in a room, and a search mostly terms up misc comments about which seat someone sat in. In the AA forum there's aircraft are split into separate threads that have a summary wiki.

Last edited by armus; Jan 17, 2017 at 5:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.