Wiki Posts
Search

New SP earn rates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by pbl22
And the new rates come into play at the end of this month! The old tables are still on the Air NZ website.
You'd at least thing they would update the current page to say it only applies for travel until the 31st March and to refer to another page for flights after that date. The problem however is that because there doesn't yet exist a page telling you how many points you will earn under the new system, with the temporary page they did set up being a complete joke.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
And the new rates come into play at the end of this month! The old tables are still on the Air NZ website.
The first "Shaping the future of loyalty" email was sent on 17 April 2013 followed by some minor elite benefit changes on 17 July 2013 followed again by an announcement of future changes on 19 November 2013. The changes won't take effect until 31 March 2014. We are less than a month away and things are still as clear as mud.

I really don't have high hopes for the new loyalty team. Do they take their time!
Old Feb 28, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: Airnz Elite
change in SP after 1st of April

A person who buys cheapies on the old SP rate need 67 trans-tasman sectors (30 SP each) to bank a Elite year

Under the new SP plan he now needs 79% more flight
IE 120 sectors (20 SP)

A person who buys cheapies on the old SP rate need 167 Auckland -Wellington sectors (12 SP each) to bank a Elite year

Under the new SP plan he now needs 80% more flight
IE 300 sectors (8 SP)

Looks like there will be a few less Elites who buy cheapies around !

Last edited by Mapnz; Feb 28, 2014 at 9:12 pm Reason: Correction of spelling
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Or, at the very least, a lot fewer banked Elite years. I personally don't ever see myself getting another one - I would rather chase lifetime *A Gold status.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:30 am

Programs: AIRNZ Gold elite
Life time gold status

Or, at the very least, a lot fewer banked Elite years. I personally don't ever see myself getting another one - I would rather chase lifetime *A Gold status.
Does airnz have lifetime gold status ?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by LinoNAC
No, although I know a couple of FTers' with many banked years of 'elite'.
I believe there are a couple of *A program around that have a lifetime status benefit ... check the *A forum.

Last edited by serfty; Mar 1, 2014 at 2:28 am
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by LinoNAC
No. OZ is currently easiest - 500k status miles (all *A counts) for lifetime *G.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
That was my choice in 2012. Much better getting a lot of useful miles plus lifetime *G status than a (relatively) small stash of airpoints, 1 banked year and a gift.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: NZ*S & Koru, QF, VA, Accor, Marriot
Not before time, but the bookings section of my Air NZ account is now showing points again, at the new rates applicable from Monday. A holiday to HNL in June will now earn me over 25% fewer status points than previously indicated.

The points calculator has also been updated with an "advanced search", though is not working correctly.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Looks like they've applied some of the other changes today as well: the number of status points I need for an Elite Gift has shot up from 120 to 620.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
I note they still haven't updated the SP accrual table, to either include a note that these amounts are no longer valid next week or to provide the new table.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: NZ*S & Koru, QF, VA, Accor, Marriot
I note they still haven't updated the SP accrual table, to either include a note that these amounts are no longer valid next week or to provide the new table.
No. I am absolutely stunned by the way they have approached this change. IMHO changing earn levels of existing bookings retrospectively is not particularly appropriate, but no doubt within the T&Cs.

However not providing details of how the new system works, and not even mentioning the change on the website until three days prior to implementation, is appalling.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 2:01 pm

My trip to RAR has gone from 161 SP to 116 SP.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by wayoutwest
My business class trip to RAR return has gone from 190 to 104, I think there are some "anomalies" in the system!
Old Mar 27, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand NZ*S
Originally Posted by wayoutwest
They have lost me, my bookings are showing as follows.
ZQN/HNL Bus class booked at highest online fare 8 months in advance has reduced from 440SP to 340SP.
ZQN/Nan Works Deluxe out Bus return also booked at highest online fare 7 months in advance has reduced from 135SP to 82SP.
The online calculator for Hawaii shows as follows, "162 - 270 pts Domestic add on 8 pts" so even though I paid full advertised price they are showing I will only receive the lowest Special price earn rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.