Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

A preview of the Air New Zealand, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Safety Video

A preview of the Air New Zealand, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Safety Video

Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:05 pm
Used to be 'FTcadence'
Original Poster

Check out the preview here: http://youtu.be/kL6R2yq7R8M

The video itself is due out on Tuesday.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:09 pm

I will be flying Air NZ in March and definitely look forward to paying attention to this safety video!
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
And the big unanswered question - does it feature Will Coxhead? Based on past videos, Will = good video. No Will = terrible video.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Oh no! great to see where NZ wastes all its money, yet cuts cost at every chance possible when it comes to its lounges.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
this is a very surprising video from airnz. given how risk adverse they are on some issues which might possibly offend passengers e.g., tattoos on staff

sure enough, the comments have started http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...-video-slammed
Old Feb 6, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
Pity NZ doesn't bring its influence to bear on the CI government to control the dog population instead of pretending it's paradise. There are so many unregistered dogs around now that it's a real problem. They chase cars, run up to people on the beaches and jump at them, confront people walking along roads and only yesterday an Austrian tourist was bitten on the leg while walking on the beach. Needless to say he needed hospital treatment and can't swim for the rest of his holiday.

It's now as bad as Samoa and locals are advising people to carry stones to throw at dogs.

So I think their 'safety video' might be stretching the truth about paradise.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by nzlilibet
Pity NZ doesn't bring its influence to bear on the CI government to control the dog population instead of pretending it's paradise. There are so many unregistered dogs around now that it's a real problem. They chase cars, run up to people on the beaches and jump at them, confront people walking along roads and only yesterday an Austrian tourist was bitten on the leg while walking on the beach. Needless to say he needed hospital treatment and can't swim for the rest of his holiday.

It's now as bad as Samoa and locals are advising people to carry stones to throw at dogs.

So I think their 'safety video' might be stretching the truth about paradise.
I received a puncture wound in the back of my leg last year thanks to a pack of dogs in Samoa...that aside, the Pacific Islands are pretty damn close to paradise and I certainly don't let it influence my perception of how beautiful the region is.

That Female Massey lecturer in the Stuff article was a bit OTT in my opinion, her views deem a bit prehistoric. Is she offended by women wearing swimwear on a beach?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Don't often agree with feminists, but the feminist in the link pretty much has it right. Why do you want to sexualise a safety video? So no one pays attention to its safety aspect? So you associate bimbos with New Zealand / Cook Islands? So parents feel uncomfortable while their kid sits and watches this, but has no ability to stop them watching it even if that's what they want? This is tacky and misconceived.

It seems you can no longer get away from sexualised content / marketing no matter where you go now - even on an aircraft.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by sbiddle
And the big unanswered question - does it feature Will Coxhead? Based on past videos, Will = good video. No Will = terrible video.
Yes, this is my stupid philosophy, but seems to equate with my perception of the quality of the vid. Haven't looked at the latest one yet, so can't answer.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Maybe an new route from Rarotonga to the states? SFO/JFK? It seems to be very focused towards the USA market.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 12:31 am

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Maybe an new route from Rarotonga to the states? SFO/JFK? It seems to be very focused towards the USA market.
Probably unlikely. The LAX/RAR route is heavily subsidised by the Cook Islands government. It's certainly not a money earner for NZ so I would very much doubt they would be considering a new route. Anything's possible of course.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:03 am

Location: Auckland NZ or somewhere in or over the South Pacific
Programs: NZ *GE
No Dogs in Aitutaki where this was shot apparently. No one ever confirms why...
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:30 am

If I don't see the models in a thong bikini, I will be very cross.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by Mangi Nambis
No Dogs in Aitutaki where this was shot apparently. No one ever confirms why...
The main story I heard on the island from numerous Aitutakians is that a long time ago a leprosy outbreak occurred and dogs were blamed for it. The chiefs then banished dogs from the island. There are, of course, alternate stories as well.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 1:26 pm

Location: Auckland NZ or somewhere in or over the South Pacific
Programs: NZ *GE

Hadn't heard that one but plenty of alternative ones. FWIW I happened to be in Rarotonga while the shoot was on in Aitutaki and only realised I should have done a side trip when I boarded the flight back to Auckland and the models were on the flight, really lovely bunch and seemed like they had a good time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.