Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New seats for Boeing 777 -200.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 6:23 pm
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
When I'm at home in the evening I don't just recline flatter and flatter until I fall asleep.

I have this weird ritual in which I get up, brush my teeth and go to the toilet then go to bed.

I do the same when I'm lucky enough to fly Air NZ Business Premier.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Originally Posted by DCF
When I'm at home in the evening I don't just recline flatter and flatter until I fall asleep.

I have this weird ritual in which I get up, brush my teeth and go to the toilet then go to bed.

I do the same when I'm lucky enough to fly Air NZ Business Premier.
Ha! That made me laugh out loud. Well said!

Of any business class seat I've tried, NZ's is definitely the most comfortable for sleeping, and for me the very minor (and occasional) inconvenience of not being able to recline continuously to a flat surface (e.g. if having a mid-afternoon nap on a day flight) is more than outweighed by having a great, one-piece sleeping surface. In fact, I'd say NZ's 773 BP bed is at least as comfortable for sleeping, even if not quite so spacious, as the first class products I've flown (LH old F; NH old F suite, LX old F, TG A380).

By contrast, Air Canada's flat bed (which is the same design as CX's old one, and is a cheaper variant from the same manufacturer that makes NZ's and VS's) does recline straight back into a bed, and is vastly less comfortable and more bumpy than NZ's bed as a result.

I would love to try CX's new seat, though. Reverse herringbone seats do seem like they are probably the best of all worlds for business class (I do tire of craning my neck trying to see out on NZ) but I have yet to have the opportunity to try one.

How do those in the know rate NZ's BP bed against the QF Skybed 2 (i.e. the fully flat version they have in the A380 and some 744s)? I've only tried the old sloping Skybed, and IMHO NZ's product is in a different league for comfort...

Last edited by mad_atta; Jan 28, 2014 at 9:15 pm
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:29 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
NZ business premier seat is more comfortable for both sitting and sleeping than QF skybed mark 2.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:20 am

Can anyone confirm if this is the seat configuration for the 777-200 Refit?

http://postimg.cc/image/9pqalaumd/
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:57 am

Programs: AA, UA, QF, TK, EY, NZ
Originally Posted by WellingtonFlyer
Can anyone confirm if this is the seat configuration for the 777-200 Refit?

http://postimg.cc/image/9pqalaumd/
It sure looks right.. 312 seats agrees with the previous 772 seat thread.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 3:22 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
I've flown the new CX product (HKG-MEL) and it is the best J Class seat I have ever been in, for sitting and sleeping. Compared to QF and BA in First, it is only inferior in terms of width and length, but in every other way it is not far off it.

However, that LOPA for NZ 777-200s is interesting (if this is confirmed) in that:

- BP has 30 rather than 26 seats, although I doubt the "mini-cabin" for BP between PE bassinet row and the galley and toilets will be sought after
- PE has 40 rather than 36 seats, which is fair enough given the 9 abreast config in PE has always been poor
- Y looks just grim, with the only respite being the sets of pairs in the rear cabin.

Furthermore, with BP and PE getting 8 more passengers, the cabins still share three bathrooms, which is just not enough.

In short, front two cabins will be ok, but cattle class will be just that.

We can be grateful that the 787 in BP isn't 1-2-1 like VS wants to introduce with its truncated "new" Upper Class Suite.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 4:44 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
I suspect that seatmap is an internet armchair expert's amateur cobbled-together version in illustrator. I really can't see NZ putting another single row of BP behind door 2, without there being some kind of bulkhead there (which would be marked if it existed, like on the new 787 seatmap.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold, HH Dia, Hertz #1 5*
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
NZ business premier seat is more comfortable for both sitting and sleeping than QF skybed mark 2.
I would agree that NZ BP in a 772/3 (flown many times EWR-LHR in VS UC) is a bit more comfortable for sleeping than QF SkyBed V2 (flew LAX-MEL in the UD in J on the 388), but not for sitting. Not enough leg support in a minor recline position from the VS seat for me.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by ANZ787900
It sure looks right.. 312 seats agrees with the previous 772 seat thread.
I was told a few days ago it's a 26/40/246 split so if the seat map shows that it's probably correct.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Just looking at that map it doesn't match up with what I was told so it'll be interesting to see what the final layout is. 26 BP seats would only fit in the front cabin, that image shows 30 BP seats but has the 40 PE seats that I was told
Old Jan 29, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA, UA, QF, TK, EY, NZ
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Just looking at that map it doesn't match up with what I was told so it'll be interesting to see what the final layout is. 26 BP seats would only fit in the front cabin, that image shows 30 BP seats but has the 40 PE seats that I was told
It makes me wonder where the extra 4 Y seats will be from if you took out the 4 J seats in the 2nd section - there's enough room for a proper row of 8-10 seats if you remove the J seats. Unless somehow there'll be a bar installed or something..
Old Jan 30, 2014, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
I assume this is more accurate then, E - 246, PE - 40, BP - 26

-Error-

Last edited by WellingtonFlyer; Aug 22, 2014 at 8:26 pm
Old Jan 30, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Both do not look official, espcially the first one.
I thought the Sky Couch required more pitch but maybe the NZ maps as non-technical drawings do not need to have that level of accuracy.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Both do not look official, espcially the first one.
I thought the Sky Couch required more pitch but maybe the NZ maps as non-technical drawings do not need to have that level of accuracy.
Pretty much booth look at as a bad a temp of using Photoshop.

If you look at the second one, the last 4 rows on either side change color from the rest. On the middle section on the right hand side you can see where they have added a 4th seat as they aren't aligmed properly.

Highly like to be fake, to be it looks like a mix of the 77W, current 772 and 789 seat maps photoshoped
Old May 7, 2014, 11:12 pm

Any updates on whether NZ has started the retrofit of the 777-200s yet? I read they were to have started it last month. I have a flight in Dec 2014, and hoping it'll be completed by then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.