Wiki Posts
Search

All New Airpoints Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
All New Airpoints Credit Card

Kiwibank has just relaunched their Airpoints credit cards which have replaced Go Fly cards. There is no Kiwibank logo on the front of the card. The new Platinum has the best Visa/MasterCard earn rate.

The one thing in particular I notice is the Airpoints Top Up using these cards which require a 20% fee. Perhaps finally NZ has come to some senses. Would OneSmart shortly require a 20% fee as well?

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/airpoints-credit-card

Also from reading the following link, it's as if some other retailers are lining up to join the programme. I can't think of any when they already have FlyBuys.

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/earning-airpoints-more
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by Xiaotung

The one thing in particular I notice is the Airpoints Top Up using these cards which require a 20% fee. Perhaps finally NZ has come to some senses. Would OneSmart shortly require a 20% fee as well?
Hi Xiaotung

Can't see the 20% fee - only $5

Where abouts is it described?

Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Does this mean goodbye gobalplus?
Old Sep 18, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
The earning value is very good as well - ANZ dropped my Platinum card to A$1 for every $90 spend a while back and the status points are 1 for $200 vs $250.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: NZ*S, HH*G
Two complimentary passes for every $20,000 spent, in each year
Is this a maximum of two per year? Are they sent out every $20,000 or at once at the end of the year?
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by shadytravels
Is this a maximum of two per year? Are they sent out every $20,000 or at once at the end of the year?
Re the Platinum Card, my read is that for every $20k per year that you spend, you get 2 passes.e.g. spend $20k in a year - get two passes for that year, spend $35k in a year - get two passes for that year, spend $45k in a year - get four passes for that year, and so on. Doesn't say that there is a limit.

They will be electronically loaded onto your Airpoints account and will be accessible with your boarding pass or Onesmart card.

Yo should be able to see passes remaining through MyAirnz, much like RUs remaining.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by robbau
Hi Xiaotung

Can't see the 20% fee - only $5

Where abouts is it described?

Thanks
Go look here in T& C's for cards - http://www.kiwibank.co.nz/downloads/...rd.pdf?num=209

Is on page 6.
"There is a 20% fee for purchasing Airpoints Dollars, and you must
have enough available credit to purchase the requested top-up
amount and to pay the fee. The fee is deducted automatically so you
don’t need to add it to the amount to be purchased."

As for the Koru vouchers get 2 for every $20K spend if you Platinum card, any other card have to spend $20K and you get 2 vouchers only.

Interesting that used to get 2 Koru's for every $15K spend withn the Go Fly card
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:31 pm

Depends on the card. The Air NZ website linked above details the differences.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: NZ*S, HH*G
Originally Posted by robbau
They will be electronically loaded onto your Airpoints account and will be accessible with your boarding pass or Onesmart card.

Yo should be able to see passes remaining through MyAirnz, much like RUs remaining.
Ahh that's a shame, I would not need them myself and was hoping that they would be physical passes that are mailed out that my girlfriend could use when she is not travelling with me.

Would be great if they could be used for extra guests.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:46 pm

Ahh that's a shame, I would not need them myself and was hoping that they would be physical passes that are mailed out that my girlfriend could use when she is not travelling with me.

If your partner travels enough, one option might be to get her a supplementary (platinum) credit card and buy the discounted Koru membership @ $361 per year, IIRC.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:49 pm

Paper Koru passes have been scrapped. Everything is tied to your AP # now - this includes AP Silver
Old Sep 18, 2013, 4:01 pm

Programs: Airpoints Elite

If she isn't travelling with you, then she is stuck but it looks like they can be used as extra guest passes, which is some consolation- see below extract

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/airpo...dollars-top-up

You can use your Koru Lounge passes to bring one guest travelling with you into the Koru Lounge. Even if you have a Koru membership, these passes may come in handy for extra guests. You need to be with them when they visit the lounge. Access to the lounge is subject to space being available at the time of visit.

Overall, the card looks great, I'm going to switch from globalplus platinum to this card.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Much better status points earning rate. I will prob switch from ANZ plat, shame about the passes.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
I have already filled out my application for this, switching from ANZ Plat.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 7:43 pm

Programs: NZ *E
Just filled out my application, currently have a Globalplus Platinum

This one does look good though, apart from the 20% bit.

Time will tell how it goes ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.