Wiki Posts
Search

koru central

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
koru central

received an email today inviting me that as I am an hvc based out of Auckland, i can now use 'koru central'. some kind of central office space concept.

any one used this yet?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:28 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Currently available on a limited trial basis, Koru Central is a stylish, serviced office space in Auckland’s Britomart area which members like you can use on the days they fly into or out of Auckland. Think of it as a business-oriented members club you can access with your Airpoints™ card.
Surely people in Auckland for the day for business would have better things to do than hang out here? Pretty depressing if the cuts in the lounge are going to pay the lease on this office space in Britomart...

Just seems like a another revenue gatherer http://www.generatornz.com/korucentral/ratecard
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by brenrox
Surely people in Auckland for the day for business would have better things to do than hang out here? Pretty depressing if the cuts in the lounge are going to pay the lease on this office space in Britomart...

Just seems like a another revenue gatherer http://www.generatornz.com/korucentral/ratecard
!00% agree. I have no intrest in the office facilites. I would rather use my clients space. Otherwise I would have no reason to be in AKL, however.... There was a mention of a Bar space. All I really wanted to know was is the drink included, just like a Koru?? Few in Britomart for free to get my usual Friday evening pre-airport glow, would be great..!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:19 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by QTFLYER
!00% agree. I have no intrest in the office facilites. I would rather use my clients space. Otherwise I would have no reason to be in AKL, however.... There was a mention of a Bar space. All I really wanted to know was is the drink included, just like a Koru?? Few in Britomart for free to get my usual Friday evening pre-airport glow, would be great..!
Café/Bar - For all beverages & snacks Members rates as per the bar/café menu
Doesn't appear complimentary as some of the other services/products are

Sadly, free booze is probably the only way to get us Kiwis in there
Old Nov 16, 2012, 3:20 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by QTFLYER
received an email today inviting me that as I am an hvc based out of Auckland, i can now use 'koru central'. some kind of central office space concept.

any one used this yet?
Received invites through corporate account when it first opened.

Haven't been in that part of town during the day to have a look at it.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 4:36 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Yes.
When it first opened, over 6 months ago IIRC.
Not exclusive to NZ from memory, there were 10 people.
I used in between lunch and a meeting so was convenient for me and yes you do pay for refreshments, staff came up and asked if I wanted anything.
Seriously it is not too different from going to a cafe or so but definitely quieter.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF G, Accor Plat
If there was a train from Britomart to the airport and you could check in bags in town this would be a great idea.

But there isn't and you can't.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:30 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by ASJOHNSTONE
If there was a train from Britomart to the airport and you could check in bags in town this would be a great idea.

But there isn't and you can't.
Airbus Express leaves close by from the wharf!
Old May 23, 2015, 1:38 am

Programs: NZ, IHG, Hilton, Accor, Hertz, FoundersCard
Tidying the office just now & found a free coffee voucher for this, which obviously never got used I'm guessing it was a failed experiment (???)

justakiwi
Old May 23, 2015, 2:24 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
koru central

Yes it was closed. I never got to visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.