Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 29, 12, 6:49 pm   #1

Programs: IHG RA, Accor Gold, Air NZ Silver, Emirates Gold
thoughts about changing my recognition upgrade to next sector

my partner and I have booked recognition upgrades from AKL to HKG in Sept. We're in economy currently so clearly hoping for PE. However, we noticed that there are no PE seats available for sale so one assumes that they are all booked.

Our next flight will be HKG to LHR a few days later. We've put in a one up at this stage, but we're trying to second guess (I may as well ask how long is a piece of string) if we're more likely to get the recognition on this leg

My thinking at the mo, is stick with what we've got. If all the PE seats are booked, there will undoubtedly be a few people using recogntions or even one ups to move up to BP. Of course it depends on how many goldies/elites in economy have also got recognition upgrades in the wings. Sigh, we'd really hate to not get the upgrades.

What do you think? Change it to the next leg? Realistically I'm going to sleep most of the way to hong kong anyway (hopefully).
Susiew237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 12, 7:59 pm   #2

Programs: NZ*G, DJ S
I say put it in for the first leg, and if it doesn't clear at check-in, e-mail the silver e-mail address in the lounge and ask them to put it on the next leg.

Or, send that e-mail a few days out asking what your chances of it clearing on the AKL-HKG leg are, and if they say it's no good, then change it.
Old Jul 29, 12, 9:54 pm   #3

Programs: IHG RA, Accor Gold, Air NZ Silver, Emirates Gold
Only thing is, we're likely to hear about the one up bid on the HKG-LHR sector before we find out about getting the recognition on AKL - HKG. but yes, I'll be putting the thumb screws on and ringing all and sundry
Susiew237 is offline   Reply With Quote