Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Successful/unsuccessful oneup bids

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:39 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Looked for a thread and could not find one, so MOD please move to appropriate thread.

I have a OneUp bid in for LHR-LAX and have not heard either way about the success and no e-mail telling me I had a low bid, so on the assumption I do get the upgrade what happens to the fee I paid for the preferred seat? Does it get refunded or am I out the $50? If refunded, I would have added that to my bid. :-)

Thank you in advance. (The answer is probably on the NZ website and I just failed to notice it.)
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: NZ*E, Global Entry
Not refunded; that's a sunk cost if your OneUp is successful.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
NZ1
LHR-LAX
July 12, 2017
Y-PE
$496 - unsuccessful
Notified 9 hours before flight
Old Jul 15, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints-Silver and Koru
I put a bid in of 600 APD with Silver uplift. LAX to Heathrow. Unsuccessful. Notified 1 day prior.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:36 am

Location: San Francisco Bay Area (originally Melbourne Australia)
AKL to SFO (NZ8)
Economy to Premium Economy
US$450 with silver uplift
Accepted ~6 hours before the flight, after originally getting an email stating "we are not able to confirm your upgrade to Premium Economy at this time" the night before the flight.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: NZ*G, BA Silver, UA Silver, EK
AKL to SFO (NZ8, 772) PE to J, GBP445 with Gold uplift.

Email 3 days before saying unable to confirm upgrade to Business Premier, rejected ~7 hours before the flight.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by lisakyle
AKL to SFO (NZ8, 772) PE to J, GBP445 with Gold uplift.

Email 3 days before saying unable to confirm upgrade to Business Premier, rejected ~7 hours before the flight.
The odds of an upgrade of any sort occuring on US routes during NZ school holidays is pretty much 0%
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:31 pm

Frustrating ...

Partner and I flying from AKL to LAX. I'm a long standing frequent flyer, currently gold but have been gold elite for at least the last 5 years. After 3 years with no success using my upgrades I thought I'd try once again. Requested a "one up upgrade" for my partner and used my recognition upgrade for me. His confirmation came through the same day (4 days out from flying) where I've still received nothing. This is extremely frustrating given I was spevifically told that recognition upgrades would be looked at first. Smells of revenue before loyalty to me. Will keep you updated.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by mckma8
Thought I would finally contribute to this forum and start a new thread for people to post their successful or otherwise one-up bids. (Given the other one-up thread is a little more of a general discussion).

To get the ball rolling:

AKL - TBU (Saturday 28th July).
Bid $194 - successful
Seat plus bag smart saver (S) to Business (R)

Put the bid in of Friday and heard this morning that I was successful.

Unfortunately I didn't check EF or anything pre application to see what fare buckets etc were available.

I also applied for a recognition upgrade last week for my partner (on the same flight but different PNR), rang today after my oneup had come back to check it had gone through (which it hadn't), but was fortunately able to confirm it this morning. Otherwise she would have been rather unimpressed!

I'm fairly pleased with how this has panned out, one-up does seem to provide cheaper upgrade options for routes that have low premium loadings.

Cheers,
Matt
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:55 pm

AKL - LAX.
Premium Economy to Business
$750 accepted 4 days out
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: AIRNZ Silver
AKL - BNE
Y-PE
$110 APD (plus silver uplift)
Accepted 3 days out

I think this was accepted as i had to change my flights from the end of the school holidays to later in the week, the original ticket was expensive compared to what they are selling for now so with the extra $110 it would be pretty close to a current PE ticket.

Looking forward to the space seat as thats the only one i haven't tried. I think i will be sad to see them go after this flight.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: Air nz
LAX to LHR
24 July 2017
Y to PE
400APD per pax (2 of us)
Accepted days
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Posting on behalf of my Dad (NZS & Koru) who had successful Y-PE PVG-AKL with a bid of NZD300, which I thought was pretty good value
Old Jul 27, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: Air Newzealand
Please note: my one is F class, Grab-a-seat package ticket

F class is not up-gradable by anyway. But was available to me one month before the trip.

NZ5
LAX-AKL
Jun 5, 2017
F-PE
$420*4 + Elite lift - successful
Four seats upgrade to PE together
Notified 5 days before flight
Old Jul 29, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: AIRNZ Silver
Did another one up, tried to cancel it in the last few days before flight because they changed the A/C to the new PE seats but couldn't. Was fine.

BNE-AKL
Y-PE
$100 + silver - successful

Again my original ticket was expensive,more than the price of a PE ticket the day beforehand so knew it was going to clear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.