Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Successful/unsuccessful oneup bids

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: NZ*S
I came across this thread while working out what to offer so thought I'd post my result.

AKL - RAR
Sat 25 Oct
Flexi fare (T) as we booked AKL - RAR - AIT return (the last leg with Air Rarotonga).

Offered $300 last week, an 'average' offer.
Accepted today, 21/10. I wasn't expecting to hear from them until tomorrow.

I looked at the business class fares for our flight, currently ~$1,100 for the same flight. So offered $300 as I paid $300 initially and approx half price seemed pretty fair.

Partner's ticket was upgraded with a recognition upgrade.
We are waiting to see if our recognition upgrades are accepted for the return flight.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: QFF, NZ Airpoints & Koru
AKL - NAN
NZ052 (777-200)
28 October 2014
Booked Works then offered $200 each for 2 pax to J
Got 'Would You Like To Review Your Offer' email as it was rated low but ignored it
Approved 5 days before departure
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:11 pm

AKL - SFO
NZ14 (777-200)

Bid $450 each (2 pax).

Confirmed three days before flight.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:52 pm

Congrats airkiwi Which day of the week are you travelling, if you don't mind sharing?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:19 am

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Originally Posted by airkiwi
AKL - SFO
NZ14 (777-200)

Bid $450 each (2 pax).

Confirmed three days before flight.
Y to PE or PE to BP?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:41 am

Question about one-up bidding? Say I bid for 2 pax upgrade from PE to BP, but the BP seats available are far apart and that is something we don't want. Is there a way to know in advance or put notes saying the bid is conditional on that 2 are near each other? Or will the bid potentially just be accepted, and then we have the possibility of being put wherever they have empty seats?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by evanaggie
Question about one-up bidding? Say I bid for 2 pax upgrade from PE to BP, but the BP seats available are far apart and that is something we don't want. Is there a way to know in advance or put notes saying the bid is conditional on that 2 are near each other? Or will the bid potentially just be accepted, and then we have the possibility of being put wherever they have empty seats?
Ha! You want to bid on a upgrade but you want to boot a pax from a already selected seat. Please, stay in PE.

On a serious note, the J seats on ANZ are in such a way its not easy to have a chat to your travelling partner so there will be actually very little eye to eye/chat contact between the two of you.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Osmo
Ha! You want to bid on a upgrade but you want to boot a pax from a already selected seat. Please, stay in PE.

On a serious note, the J seats on ANZ are in such a way its not easy to have a chat to your travelling partner so there will be actually very little eye to eye/chat contact between the two of you.
I noticed that based on the photos. It seems pretty clear that the seats were not designed for families, but indeed for business folks.

However, I will say that most seats have few differences between them based on pics, so isle or window shouldn't really matter. Let me put it this way: I wouldn't feel as bad about asking someone if they could swap seats with me, whereas on some configurations, swapping seats could mean isle vs window, bulkhead restriction, recline restriction, etc etc. In that case (which I did have), I didn't want to bother asking to swap seats and was content where I had been upgraded.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:22 pm

I wouldn't say business folk but they layout is not couple friendly. Hubby and I always get a window and an aisle so at least we can pass things between us (passports, pen, half my meal).

And some people are particular about their seat. Rows 5 & 6, A & Bs are our preferred seats so I wouldn't swap if asked. Just warning you. But basically, you will enjoy the seats so I would bid for an upgrade & good luck!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Osmo
I wouldn't say business folk but they layout is not couple friendly. Hubby and I always get a window and an aisle so at least we can pass things between us (passports, pen, half my meal).

And some people are particular about their seat. Rows 5 & 6, A & Bs are our preferred seats so I wouldn't swap if asked. Just warning you. But basically, you will enjoy the seats so I would bid for an upgrade & good luck!
Now you've piqued my curiosity so I have to ask, but why those rows/seats? I looked on seatguru and there are no comments specific to 5/6 A & B. I only see a note about sitting at the front near the galley. I would assume rows 4/5 would be as nice as 5/6?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by evanaggie
Now you've piqued my curiosity....
I like to be away from row 1 (baby bassinet) and the J galley, a row or 2 away from the toilet behind us and I don't hear any noise from the PE galley (behind us). Also, you can take a quick walk behind you through the PE galley and stretch and you are out of the plane door sooner.

Its just a personal preference.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: NZ*G
AKL - LAX (Flying onwards to LHR, but OU only for this leg)
NZ002 (777-300)
22 January 2015

PE -> J, £350 (just above the "very low" indicator), which is roughly $680. Accepted today, which is 7 days out. Gold Status with Air NZ.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA platinum
AKL-SFO Monday in January
Bid of $500USD accepted 4 days out for an upgrade to J
no status with Air NZ
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA Life PLT 3MM/ NZ Gold
On the late flight from AKL to LAX on 1/21/ AKL time the flight had a lot of empty seats in Prem Business. Two in front cabin and several in second cabin.

Just thought some might like to know.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:16 pm

AKL - SIN
January 2015
PE -> J NZ88
$850 NZD per pax (4pax) Strong Bid on Indicator
Rejected 3 days out

SIN - AKL
January 2015
PE -> J NZ281
$850 NZD per pax (4pax) Strong Bid on Indicator
Rejected 3 days out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.