Search

OneUP luck..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AirNZ *G
OneUP luck..

Hi

I have used oneup on on a recent flight (stupid amount, $50 for an upgrade to LAX in Econ)

Has anyone bidded and won? Whats the lowest you have got away with for what upgrade?

Last edited by steveclifton; Mar 28, 2012 at 11:29 pm
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: QFF Plat, OZ*G, HH Gold
Never used, but I thought oneup has a minimum bid? And it's not running until end of May??
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Yeah, I believe the minimum bid they'll accept is $200 for Y-PE.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I thought the minimum was for the new system starting in May not for the pilot that was used on the US Flights.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AirNZ *G
Ah OK yes after speaking with airnz I was just part of the pilot, was unaware it wasn't live until may...
Old Apr 27, 2012, 5:49 pm

Programs: Airpoints Elite
Does anyone else have any bid fail / success bid amounts? Would be good to see what's happening out there...
Old Apr 27, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Originally Posted by West45
Does anyone else have any bid fail / success bid amounts? Would be good to see what's happening out there...
I expect that most people won't post this info.

If I'd been having success with say $222 bids and posted it, it would encourage people to bid say $233, meaning the person who posted would miss out.

Air NZ know this of course and it is no doubt designed to encourage people to put in higher bids.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by Trumpkin

If I'd been having success with say $222 bids and posted it, it would encourage people to bid say $233, meaning the person who posted would miss out.

Air NZ know this of course and it is no doubt designed to encourage people to put in higher bids.
I am actually surprised no one has posted yet. Would you want to worry about people outbidding you or would you just choose another airline? Time will tell.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Trumpkin

That's a fairly negative attitude to take, given the relatively few people who would look on here compared to the proportion of Oneup bidders in total? I thought it wouldn't be a big deal disclosing what you bid, especially considering there is apparently a sliding bar telling you how successful you are likely to be based on historical bids. I know I would be happy to share my experience if I ever bid on it. We are here to help each other out!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:08 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
Does anyone know if one can increase one's original bid? If, say, I book a couple of months ahead and put in a bid around what is said to be likely to succeed and then find closer to departure that the amount likely to succeed has increased, can I increase my bid?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by nzlilibet
Does anyone know if one can increase one's original bid? If, say, I book a couple of months ahead and put in a bid around what is said to be likely to succeed and then find closer to departure that the amount likely to succeed has increased, can I increase my bid?
Not sure about that but you can cancel one and resubmit.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Not sure about that but you can cancel one and resubmit.
Thanks for that. I guess we'll all see how it works in practice when it starts in earnest. I know how much we're all looking forward to it. NOT
Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:11 am

It looks like a few Velocity folks have got successful bids. And OneUp seems to be booked into R class. One question remains. If there are no R class left, does it mean the cabin would prefer to be left empty than allowing standby upgrades? The whole upgrade change seems so counter productive to me.

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...and-38990.html
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
It looks like a few Velocity folks have got successful bids. And OneUp seems to be booked into R class. One question remains. If there are no R class left, does it mean the cabin would prefer to be left empty than allowing standby upgrades? The whole upgrade change seems so counter productive to me.

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...and-38990.html
Official Air NZ word doesn't provide much guidance, but-

In addition to the value of your offer and the value of other offers for the same cabin class, we will take into account your Airpoints™ tier status or Star Alliance frequent flyer status, the booking class of the original fare purchased, how often you may have been upgraded through this program in the past, the number of seats available in the higher cabin class and the number of passengers in the booking and any other factor to be considered at Air New Zealand’s discretion.

That makes me think that they will make their best effort to fill the cabin.

In relation to resubmitting bid offers, that's permitted- (from FAQ section)

Yes. You can change or cancel your offer up to seven days prior to the scheduled departure time of the applicable flight by going back to the OneUp™ offer website via the link in your offer confirmation email. From the 30th of May 2012, Airpoints members will also be able to change or cancel their offers via myairnz.com.
Old May 1, 2012, 1:07 am

Programs: QF Gold
Star Alliance Golds better not get as much weight as an NZ Gold bid.

Less than a month to go now, we really should be given more information about how this will work-status weightings, what wins between a recognition upgrade and a OneUp bid, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.