Old Mar 17, 2012, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
ATR's to be inspected for cracks

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6594...racks-in-plane
Old Mar 17, 2012, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
...and stuck in DUD until alternative arrangements made to get to WLG. Pity I'm driving WLG to Feilding on arrival, the fridge is looking tempting......
Old Mar 17, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
...and stuck in DUD until alternative arrangements made to get to WLG. Pity I'm driving WLG to Feilding on arrival, the fridge is looking tempting......
That is a bugger I was there last Sunday and there is only so much you can do at DUD. Can they put you on NZ688?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Ouch hope you make it back soon TK
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
That is a bugger I was there last Sunday and there is only so much you can do at DUD. Can they put you on NZ688?
Nope, unless some other folk bail out. Booked:

NZ6726 DUD-CHC 320 1630-1715
NZ360 CHC-WLG 733 1840-1925

At least we have space+ seats. NZ688 probably would have meant seats down the back, and separated as well. Not that I would have minded.

Originally Posted by Rebound
Ouch hope you make it back soon TK
Cheers. Interesting lounge experience just before. Annoying lady texting on her phone with the key-tones set on max loud, and another dude pacing the entire floor area of the lounge talking loudly into his mobile on some business deal. There were only 6 people in the lounge, and if looks could kill from 4 of us....... anyway, pain is over now as they have ceased. I nearly wanted to make a call to my imaginary dog and follow pacer-dude around ordering flea collars - but just a passing fancy. Mrs F would never tolerate that from me!

I have a good book, and the internet, so all is OK. Cheers.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: NZ*G and a couple of other Silvers.
Nope, unless some other folk bail out. Booked:

NZ6726 DUD-CHC 320 1630-1715
NZ360 CHC-WLG 733 1840-1925

At least we have space+ seats. NZ688 probably would have meant seats down the back, and separated as well. Not that I would have minded.
I'm due to fly on 5356 back to Christchurch at 7pm, just off the phone to Air NZ and at the moment they are saying it's still on schedule.

Any idea when they are likely to make decisions on the remainder of the flights, if they don't cancel before flight 6726 goes then I'm pretty much stuck in Dunedin tonight....
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdh80
Any idea when they are likely to make decisions on the remainder of the flights, if they don't cancel before flight 6726 goes then I'm pretty much stuck in Dunedin tonight....
Nope, but if it is indeed a cracked windscreen problem (not fuselage) then this can be done relatively quickly (an ATR at ZQN has been checked and cleared according to news).
Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
An ATR landed at CHC about 20 mins ago (I'm parked along Avonhead Rd watching planes land/takeoff in the nor'wester). I'm guessing it's been inspected and cleared for service.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by chchkiwi
An ATR landed at CHC about 20 mins ago (I'm parked along Avonhead Rd watching planes land/takeoff in the nor'wester). I'm guessing it's been inspected and cleared for service.
I'm not sure I've got the stomach for a nor'wester landing tonight

Looking at the arrivals into Christchurch, there's not many ATRs due to land in the next hour or two.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...great! a light nor'wester into CHC and something a bit stronger for WLG. Just what is needed. METAR = MET Aerodrome Report

METAR NZCH 180200Z 33008KT 290V020 CAVOK 26/08 Q1013 NOSIG

METAR NZWN 180200Z 35018G29KT 320V020 9999 FEW023 20/12 Q1020 NOSIG
Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:29 pm

From what I can figure out, there's an ATR flight from Queenstown to Christchurch due to depart at 1650 and arriving at 1740.

The plane will depart Christchurch around 6pm for Dunedin arriving 7pm-ish before doing the return trip.

Fingers crossed, it's my only chance of getting home tonight.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I saw an ATR taxi whilst handing around at CHC about then, out so presume it arrived in DUD ok!

It was nice to have intl config 320 (OJA) for the short flight DUD-CHC, managed to watch 2 episodes of the 'Big Bang Theory'.

The CSM advised that there may or may not be movies and music available. For use, we both had full access (including headsets), but a chap in front was faced with a $10 'swipe your card for movies' kind of screen.

I wonder if 07AB/B were set-up for 'WD'?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 1:59 pm

I saw an ATR taxi whilst handing around at CHC about then, out so presume it arrived in DUD ok!
Yeah, seems I was one of the few flights that actually had an operating aircraft.

We finally left Dunedin at 1945 arriving Christchurch around 2035 so all in all not too late after the level of problems Air NZ were facing.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:31 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Priority reallocation because im a gold elite and getting home for a kids birthday party when others still waiting suddenly becomes a much more important perk than arguing over the new upgrade process. It's not a free pass and I'm still pissed off. But favoritism to their elites over this has helped.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:40 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by bce1
Priority reallocation because im a gold elite and getting home for a kids birthday party when others still waiting suddenly becomes a much more important perk than arguing over the new upgrade process. It's not a free pass and I'm still pissed off. But favoritism to their elites over this has helped.
Was this done in the KC?
Just wait until NZ remove this benefit!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.