Will DL check me in for my NZ flight?

Subscribe
I'm flying to New Zealand Friday, taking Delta to LAX and connecting to Air New Zealand to Auckland. The travel agent has booked a through ticket attached to a DL PNR so our baggage goes all the way through. Will Delta also issue our NZ boarding passes (2 sky couches), or do we need to check in again in Los Angeles?
Can't be 100% sure but I think not. I recently flew KLM AMS-LHR, connecting onto NZ38. Had both KLM and NZ PNR (each showing complete itinerary), luggage checked all the way through but had to collect boarding passes at LHR.
DL should issue you boarding passes as it is a through ticket.
However NZ will reissue them, at the gate IIRC, as they will want to verify the passport/visa validity.
Not a big issue.
Enjoy your time in NZ.
Quote: However NZ will reissue them, at the gate IIRC, as they will want to verify the passport/visa validity.
Not a big issue.
Enjoy your time in NZ.
Yes, NZ always reissues boarding passes that were issued by other airlines on all their international flights, as part of process to check eligibility to enter the arrival country. At LAX this can be done at normal check in (e.g. if no queue as you enter terminal may as well do this), at lounge (if eligible to enter) or at the gate.