Koru Joining Fee

Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Koru Joining Fee

Hi there,

I have >500 Airpoints Dollars and want to use these for a years membership to Koru. Unfortunately I see there is a $255 joining fee which I don't really understand the reason for.

Is anybody aware of a promo code or way to get around paying this fee??

Any help is appreciated.

Jaron
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:39 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
some NZ credit cards that are affiliated with airpoints provide for the joining fee to be waived

here is the detail:
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/airpo...mparison-table

Last edited by jeffrocowboy; Jan 31, 2011 at 4:44 am
Old Jan 31, 2011, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Hi jaronvdw, welcome to FT!

Some 'clubs' have a joining fee (paid once) and then annual fees. The joining fee 'encourages' a continuance beyond the first year.

Some company corporate schemes discount or waive the joining fee, as do some credit cards.

Cheers, TK
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: NZ Air Points (Gold Elite), Velocity (Platinum), Emirates (Gold)
You do know that Space+ outside of domestic flights has been severely compromised, right? If you want the lounge access, that's fine - but just be aware that, for example, the 767s on Trans-Tasman routes have no Space+ at all.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by jaronvdw
Hi there,

I have >500 Airpoints Dollars and want to use these for a years membership to Koru. Unfortunately I see there is a $255 joining fee which I don't really understand the reason for.

Is anybody aware of a promo code or way to get around paying this fee??

Any help is appreciated.

Jaron
Only way to waive the fee is by having a Global Plus Platinum, ANZ Airpoints Platinum or Air NZ American Express Platinum card or by joining via a corporate scheme.

Sometimes NZ have a promo for Jade and Silver FF members to waive the joining fee but haven't seen one of these promos for almost 2 years now.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 5:16 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
[QUOTE=NZ_Flyer;15774376]Only way to waive the fee is by having a Global Plus Platinum, ANZ Airpoints Platinum or Air NZ American Express Platinum card or by joining via a corporate scheme.

[QUOTE]

Kiwi bank Platinum as well has joining fee waiver as well - but not the $145 Koru membership yearly fee discount (the other cards do have this)
Old Jan 31, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Has it ever been verified whether or not those who drop down from Gold can join Koru without paying the joining fee?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 7:15 pm

Programs: NZ Air Points (Gold Elite), Velocity (Platinum), Emirates (Gold)
Originally Posted by Shazzadude
Has it ever been verified whether or not those who drop down from Gold can join Koru without paying the joining fee?
Someone posted that on here - you have a grace period after you drop from Gold to join with no joining fee. But I couldn't find it on the search engine!
Old Jan 31, 2011, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by birder
Someone posted that on here - you have a grace period after you drop from Gold to join with no joining fee. But I couldn't find it on the search engine!
I recall someone said 3 months grace period to rejoin without paying joining fee
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:43 am

Yes, last time I checked it is 3 months.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.