Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrities on Air New Zealand

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:55 pm

Programs: Airpoints Member: Jade
I didn't exactly see Gin Wigmore on my flight (Flew Business and only 4 others but no Gin) but she was at the same conveyer belt both waiting for our luggage and Probably the longest I'd waited for a Priority labelled bag!!
Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:27 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Hyatt Privé, Impresario, Four Seasons, Marriott Stars, Kempinski, Accor STEP, SLH, IHG,etc
Ronan Keating travelling in BP LAX-LHR last month. I think he was flying from AKL but I only joined the flight in LA. Just like me, he had to wait for his luggage at LHR ... for ... ages! Unlike me, he had NZ ground staff keeping him company while waiting.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: Intercontinental Ambassador, Star Alliance (Air NZ), Skyteam (Korean Air)
Auntie Helen .. two rows back

Had Auntie Helen two rows behind me when flying from Wellington to Christchurch back in September '02.

However, it was a turbo-prop flight where they made us board from the rear ... last on was Auntie Helen, first off was Auntie Helen (still taxiing to the gate and her seat was empty) ... am guessing most people on the flight didn't know she was there.

Big yaaaay for living in New Zealand where the PM/ Pres. can fly commercial
Old Apr 3, 2010, 6:38 am

Programs: OZ*G, AZ Gold, Etihad Gold, SK*G, BA Silver
In 2007, on their way to the World Cup in France, All Blacks occupied most of the Biz-cabin on NZ38.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 12:14 am

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Koru Club Auckland - Today

6pm-Lyle Lovett passing through...but most were distracted by the Easter Bunny and live music. Lounge is packed!
Old May 16, 2010, 2:03 am

Programs: NZ Silver+Exec Club Blue+Priority Club
I wasnt there but over the watercooler a workmate said his brother recently flew (ie within last 2 weeks) LAX-LHR in Business and sat across from Victoria Beckham.

Ive seen a few politicians myself, no one special. Did sit directly behind Marcus Lush last year. He came across as incredibly rude, gruff and prickly to the staff. I was embarrassed for him. Maybe just having a bad day so willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old May 16, 2010, 2:32 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
In a slightly weird coincidence was on same plane (on separate occassions) with NZ's two latest reality show celebritities - winner of MasterChef and the Apprentice

Both on the promotion circuit - early morning interview in AKL on "Breakfast', then dash to Wellington for an appearance on "Good Mornning".

Both got lots of congrats from fellow passengers.
Old May 16, 2010, 4:35 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Tariana Turia on Tuesday evening AKL-WLG. Not a celebrity at all. I saw her in the KC well before departure yet she was the very last person on the plane, about 5min after the second to last to board so she got some very prominent "held up the plane" looks from the front rows!
Old May 16, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Tariana Turia on Tuesday evening AKL-WLG. Not a celebrity at all. I saw her in the KC well before departure yet she was the very last person on the plane, about 5min after the second to last to board so she got some very prominent "held up the plane" looks from the front rows!
Did they block the middle seat for her?

The WLG KC is a very hot place for all the MP to have a beer at 5pm on a week night
Old May 16, 2010, 7:32 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Yeah a few of them can get a bit loud too!
Old May 16, 2010, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Rebound
Yeah a few of them can get a bit loud too!
I agree, some of them can be very loud.

I find it pretty funny when your sitting up the front of space+ and you see all these MPs have to sit in the back of space+.

I wonder how many deals have been made around that beer fridge in the WLG
Old May 16, 2010, 7:56 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
I remember seeing the All Blacks coaches right after they re-inked, Hansen was smashed in the lounge!
Old May 18, 2010, 4:25 am

Hillsongs Brain Huston flew on NZ SYD-AKL today as he missed his Qantas flight. He mentioned that he was amazed at how better NZ is over QF!
Old May 18, 2010, 9:59 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Hillsongs Brain Huston
I had to google that one (to double check, had a hazy memory), celebrity via self-promotion?
Old May 18, 2010, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
I had to google that one (to double check, had a hazy memory), celebrity via self-promotion?
Pretty much a celebrity for creating Aussies Largest Church, he also runs Life Church in NZ. Which owns the own world expo Centre at Auckland Airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.