Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage upgrade for tickets bougth in FR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2008, 3:42 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Mileage upgrade for tickets bougth in FR

Based on the following FB link through KLM, it says that tickets bought in France requires a full fare (Y) to be able to request mileage upgrade while fro most countries, Y/K/B/S are allowed.

http://www.klm.com/travel/th_en/flyi...d/index.htm#10

I took a chance 3 weeks ago by calling FB in France when I purchased B fare (CDG-BKK-CDG) and successfully upgraded my return segment using my miles without any issues.

Did I just get lucky or the rule did get changed and they just didn't update the website?

Or CDG-BKK is considered medium haul and not long haul? Don't think so.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by kiam
Based on the following FB link through KLM, it says that tickets bought in France requires a full fare (Y) to be able to request mileage upgrade while fro most countries, Y/K/B/S are allowed.

http://www.klm.com/travel/th_en/flyi...d/index.htm#10

I took a chance 3 weeks ago by calling FB in France when I purchased B fare (CDG-BKK-CDG) and successfully upgraded my return segment using my miles without any issues.

Did I just get lucky or the rule did get changed and they just didn't update the website?

Or CDG-BKK is considered medium haul and not long haul? Don't think so.
You didn't get lucky, B is within the rules - Y, B, K from outside France for long haul (S is fine but only a European class if I'm not wrong) and only Y and B from France.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by orbitmic
You didn't get lucky, B is within the rules - Y, B, K from outside France for long haul (S is fine but only a European class if I'm not wrong) and only Y and B from France.
If your statement above is correct on Y and B from France, then it would mean that the rule mentioned on the website is incorrect. Thanks.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 3:20 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
If your statement above is correct on Y and B from France, then it would mean that the rule mentioned on the website is incorrect. Thanks.
Yes, it is indeed incorrect (sadly in the wrong direction! It would be better if they had advertised one fare class too many and might have had to honour it after that!)
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Yes, it is indeed incorrect (sadly in the wrong direction! It would be better if they had advertised one fare class too many and might have had to honour it after that!)
To be just crystal-clear: do you mean that your statement was incorrect and that B fares purchased in France are not eligible for upgrade?
Old Dec 1, 2008, 3:00 am

Sorry - my answer was indeed a bit confusing. I mean that the KLM website is wrong and that my earlier statement was right.

The CORRECT list of upgradeable booking classes is:

From France: Y, B, S (some KFIRM might also be upgradeable but normal K fares are not)
From most other countries: Y, B, K, S
A few exceptions apparently (e.g. Japan) but I don't know the details for them.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 3:00 am
Original Poster

brunos, orbitmic has confirmed my sentence that the rule mentioned on the website is incorrect because both Y and B "are" indeed eligible for mileage upgrade, and not only Y, for tickets purchased in France.

The good thing about this is that my company has cheaper B than K fare on AF.

Old Dec 2, 2008, 7:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
brunos, orbitmic has confirmed my sentence that the rule mentioned on the website is incorrect because both Y and B "are" indeed eligible for mileage upgrade, and not only Y, for tickets purchased in France.

The good thing about this is that my company has cheaper B than K fare on AF.

The website has been upgraded and includes now B fares for french buyers.
Upgraded also for skyteam upgrades.
Only Delta and Alitalia are not included in the new rules
Old Dec 2, 2008, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=delanotre;10842455]The website has been upgraded and includes now B fares for french buyers.QUOTE]

Was this update on the website done independently of my post? ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.