Petroleum Club

Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Petroleum Club

Which oil companies are partners with Air France/Flying Blue/Petroleum Club.
My husband works in Uganda for Tullow Oil. Would he qualify for membership. We are flying from Jo'burg to CDG/Venice/CDG in April. Merci
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:54 pm

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by l'afrique
My husband works in Uganda for Tullow Oil. Would he qualify for membership. We are flying from Jo'burg to CDG/Venice/CDG in April. Merci
For info look at: http://www.klm.com/travel/sa_en/flyi...club/index.htm

You must :
1. Either be a current Flying Blue member or accept to become one through your Petroleum Club membership,
2. Be employed by an oil, oil-related or gas company listed by Air France and KLM,
3. Travel on at least one round-trip ticket to one of the Air France and/or KLM long-haul oil destinations or two round-trip tickets on an Air France and/or KLM short or medium-haul oil route.

For which companies are listed, you have to contact Air France KLM.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 6:18 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Brobbel
For info look at: http://www.klm.com/travel/sa_en/flyi...club/index.htm

You must :
1. Either be a current Flying Blue member or accept to become one through your Petroleum Club membership,
2. Be employed by an oil, oil-related or gas company listed by Air France and KLM,
3. Travel on at least one round-trip ticket to one of the Air France and/or KLM long-haul oil destinations or two round-trip tickets on an Air France and/or KLM short or medium-haul oil route.

For which companies are listed, you have to contact Air France KLM.
I would be surprised if Tullow Oil were not on the list. The only problem might be if there is not a good correlation with AF oil routes - then it might not be included. Well worth following up in any case - good luck.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 3:33 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Petroleum membeship is pretty much worthless anyway..
Old Feb 16, 2008, 6:23 pm

Programs: BA Blue (once again), Qatar Silver, Marriot Rewards, KLM Petroleum Club
Originally Posted by couscous
Petroleum membeship is pretty much worthless anyway..
Gets you in the lounge at AMS (assuming you are flying on one of their oil related flight routes) and allows you to use Business check in... all for nothing.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:42 am

Lounge Access IAH with Petroleum Club Card?

Hello,

I'm flying IAH-CPT on a coach ticket & have a 2010 Petroleum Club card.

Any chance of lounge access @ IAH for my trip to CPT tomorrow?

Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Delta Plat, SPG Platinum/Life Gold
Yes you should qualify no problem.

Whether you can easily get them to process it is another thing. I gave up eventually as even when they told me on the phone it was approved nothing happened.

An African Nomad

Originally Posted by l'afrique
Old Oct 18, 2011, 2:35 am

Skyteam lounge access with Petroleum Club?

I seem to remember that lounge access at other airports than AMS and CDG was also a benefit for PC members, though I can't find that bit anymore at the klm website.

So specifically: Flying AMS-BKK-AMS next month, will my PC card allow me access to the Skyteam lounge at BKK? Milewise I'm technically still on Ivory level.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold. Miles and More SEN.
Petroleum Club gives you access to CDG and AMS lounges only.

If you have a layover of over 3 hours at either airport you can also ask for a refreshments voucher. In AMS this is worth 15. There are other benefits, too.

http://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/flyi...sive/index.htm

As for whether Tullow is registered, just go through the process (giving the proper registered address when asked) and if it's in so are you. I would imagine they would be, but the easiest way to find out is to try and register.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
I am a PC member for over 10 years...and I have only benefitted...er...once (Voucher and subsequently a lovely breakfast at Flo at 2F)
If you Don't have Gold or Platinum status, and even more if you don't have silver it is a pretty nice card.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Just received my Petroleum Club card.

Does anyone know where the Flying Blue Petroleum private lounge at the Paris CDG Pullman hotel is located with regard to the passenger terminals and can anyone report on the amenities offered at this lounge?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Air France Platinum since 2014
increase in value of Petroleum Club Voucher

I just received a voucher of 26 Euros for my layover in Paris between flights with the Petroleum Club. This is an improvement on the previous 15 Euros considering how expensive it is to eat at CDG.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: Silver Flying Blue, Miles & More
For AMS based PC members flying directly to any (oil) destination it became rather useless to be a member. (even for a silver member)

Geneva is excluded as an oil route (In GVA actually most prominent oil trades are closed) and AF never even considered including GVA as oil route, even after many emails to do so.

So any PC AM
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: FB Silver, EK Gold, *A Gold, BAEC,KM
All Petro club card holders, please endeavour to complete the AFKL survey which you should find in your inbox, seems they are looking at augmenting the program so now is your chance to unload

Last edited by RigpigMalta; Jul 11, 2015 at 3:15 pm
Old Jul 11, 2015, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Received today a link to a survey for the Petroleum card.

A question was asked about the benefits I would prefer:

Q67} Avoir accs un espace dtente dans les aroports des destinations ptrolires
Q70} Pour les correspondances de plus de 6h Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle, bnficier d'une chambre la journe dans un htel 4 toiles
Q68} Pour les correspondances de moins de 3h dans les aroports des destinations ptrolires, bnficier d'un rafraichissement offert sur prsentation de la carte Petroleum
Q64} Accder un sur-classement de faon prioritaire
Q65} Conserver des miles sans limite de temps
Q66} Avoir un bagage supplmentaire gratuit
Q71} Passage prioritaire aux diffrentes tapes, sur prsentation de la carte Petroleum
Q69} Pour les correspondances de plus de 3h Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle, bnficier d'un repas offert sur prsentation de la carte Petroleum
Q63} Cumuler des miles plus rapidement et accder plus facilement aux statuts Flying Blue (Ivory, Silver, Gold, Platinum)
Maybe some future enhancements of the - currently - useless card?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.