Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2005, 5:28 am

No sure if this is an error

I cannot book awards online on the FB website after login.

No sure if this is an error but didnt want to open new thread for this:

When I try and book an award I get the MSG (in a red box on top of the screen) that I am "not authorized to make reservations on line" ...

I have a pincode & sufficient miles is this another error ....?????

PA
Old Dec 5, 2005, 7:19 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by padams
I cannot book awards online on the FB website after login.

No sure if this is an error but didnt want to open new thread for this:

When I try and book an award I get the MSG (in a red box on top of the screen) that I am "not authorized to make reservations on line" ...

I have a pincode & sufficient miles is this another error ....?????
Your probably not on the site that your FB is registered to. Visit the site of your country first then log in and try.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by pmcg
Your probably not on the site that your FB is registered to. Visit the site of your country first then log in and try.
Yes ! THX pmcg
Old Jan 10, 2006, 4:15 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
works fine unless you live in a country without a site - no more access for me??????????
Old Jan 10, 2006, 7:40 am

Programs: LX SEN
Web@wards un-bookable

Hello all,

Over the past week I have tried many, many times to book award tickets through both KLM and AF portals. I search and find a "promotion" award itinerary, enter all my passenger details, and finally arrive a the screen asking for my credit card information (to pay the taxes and complete the booking). After duly entering all information, I get a new screen with a small animated logo, something like "processing your request". A couple of seconds later the screen is replaced with the message:

The system is unable to respond.
Please try again later.
<-- back

(needless to say, pressing the "back" link does nothing, and I have tested this on several platform/browser combinations).

This unfortunate behavior has happened to me every time I try to book this itinerary, day and night, weekend and weekday. I am getting very nervous about entering my credit card details each time. No respectable online shopping service asks a registered customer to enter CC details more than once. IS THIS A SCAM?

Meanwhile I have never been able to successfully make a booking.

Has anyone else experienced these problems recently booking an award ticket itinerary, promotion rate or otherwise?

I would be pleased to hear if I'm the only one...
Old Jan 15, 2006, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by AshleyB
I just booked an award ticket from Paris to Jakarta on the FP website. It offered me an award on KLM for the dates I want for 110,000 miles. I accepted and booked the ticket and paid the taxes. The reservation confirmed though shows the flights in Economy!!?? What is going on here? Does anyone have experience of this? I will call FB when they open!
The same thing has just happened to me - but there is just no way of talking to a KLM or Air France human being to discuss! I have tried e-mails (3) with no response, and the telephone numbers just lead to automated replies. It is actually impossible to contact KLM if they don't reply to an e-mail!
Old Jan 15, 2006, 4:25 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I never have a problem reaching an agent. I usually select the option to book or modify an award. I used to wait until the audio menu ends to be automatically connected, but this takes a few more seconds.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 5:28 am

Alternatively you can press "*" instead of a menu option to be connected to an agent. This is in my experience the most failsafe method.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 4:18 am
Suspended

Programs: FB, UA, TG, SU
FB, what is wrong with you?

I was going to book an award flight on the Internet(FB site).
This is what I got.

Taxes detail Total : 1 437.70 EUR

Award tickets are subject to airport and security charges as well as fuel surcharges. Payment is due on issuance of the award ticket.

Amount Taxes Passenger(s) Total including taxes

1 394 EUR + 43.70 EUR x 1 Adult = 1 437.70 EUR
Total : 1 437.70 EUR
Old Feb 1, 2006, 4:57 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by inhiyu66
This is what I got.

Award tickets are subject to airport and security charges as well as fuel surcharges. Payment is due on issuance of the award ticket.

Strange !!! why dont you call directly FB to book it ?
Old Feb 1, 2006, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by inhiyu66
This is what I got.

check out the sticky, this has been reported before, call FB to book the ticket.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
I think now they really exaggerate with fuel charges

Old Feb 1, 2006, 7:33 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Can we merge this into the sticky ???
Old Feb 1, 2006, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Can we merge this into the sticky ???
if you can't, who else can
Old Feb 1, 2006, 7:52 am

I actually meant, "I guess we should, do you agree ??"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.