Taking off without bin closure

Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: none
Originally Posted by apodo77

My neighbor thought she should have been arrested when we got to the gate. No one from DL ever even scolded her as she exited the aircraft.
Maybe she got a sternly-worded letter put into her "permanent file".
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
heck overhead bins used to be open and you could hang a baby from them.

Could this be an early version of the picture of the blogger stretched out in the overhead bin? Maybe he started at a very early age.

OTOH, I really hope this kid was wearing a very thick absorbent diaper. Liquids sometimes drip down from the ceilings of aircraft, but I wouldn't want to be sitting underneath a baby that isn't housebroken (toilet trained).
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
To be honest, despite I am French, I am the first to say these A330 are crap, the IFE's are miserable in economy and premium economy. Meals are good but the rest is horrible, including service too.

I fly delta metal as much as I can.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by davetravels
Waiting for someone to post . . . . .

"So, why is this in the Delta forum?!? "

Even though it was a DL code share you are correct. Therefore I am moving this thread to the appropriate forum.

RSSrsvp - Moderator
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)

I remember that AF used to have such attacheable overhead baby bassinets on their A310. Not kidding, and not that long ago. The last one retired from the fleet in 2003. During seatbelt sign the baby had to be taken out of it though.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jamiestr
That was an Air France flight.
STILL sounds like a typical Delta flight...
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few weeks ago on an ATL-PBI flight a lady got up on final descent and went to the F lav (I was in F and pretty sure she was as well). She was still in there when we landed despite the FA trying to get her out.
I recall an instance where a pax became so ill due to the turbulence (it really was rather unpleasant), that she spent almost the whole flight in the lav. The FAs had a very hard time getting her out, only succeeding just before landing. As the other pax disembarked the unfortunate woman sat slumped in a seat, while the FAs tried to revive her with wet towels and glasses of water.

Johan
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
OMG! And in those days they weren't flying above the weather, but right through it!!!!

Did our own @johanrebel ever travel in this manner, I wonder???
Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Did our own johanrebel ever travel in this manner, I wonder???
Can't remember!

I do know that I took my first flight at the age of three weeks, and had completed four by the age of one month.

I also know that I flew at least once in a carry cot placed on the floor in the aisle. Many years later my dad told me how cold the aircraft cabin was on that particular flight.

At the age of four I flew seated in my dad's lap. He in turn was in the jump seat, as the flight was fully booked. That's the first flight I can remember, albeit vaguely.

When my dad traveled on business and found himself with a weekend off somewhere, he would go to the nearest airport and get a (nonrev) ticket to whatever destination, as long as he could fly back the same day. He once managed to get a ticket from Lahore to Peshawar (or Rawalpindi, I forget which. Somewhere in Pakistan, in any case). Since the flight was full, the ticket was issued on the condition that he stood, or sat on the floor. Turned out to be a really turbulent flight, so he had a lot of fun.

Johan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.