AF issued ticket, DL coded, AM operated!

Old Jul 14, 2017, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
AF issued ticket, DL coded, AM operated!

hi folks,
i have a question about a ticket i have bought on Expedia. the ticket is for a flight from CUN to LAX (through MEX). Flying blue just credited my flight and used the accrual table of AF. i thought that since it is DL coded, DL accrual table would be used. DL actually would have given me 75% (H) while in AF it is 50%. the difference is not huge but just wanted to understand.

is it the issuing company's accrual table that counts regardless of the flight code?

i was wondering how is it possible that it was AF that issued my ticket while it is DL coded operated by AM?

thank you !
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Indeed it should have been credited against DL earning table for FB members. You can retroclaim the difference with FB.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by newflyer27
hi folks,
i have a question about a ticket i have bought on Expedia. the ticket is for a flight from CUN to LAX (through MEX). Flying blue just credited my flight and used the accrual table of AF. i thought that since it is DL coded, DL accrual table would be used. DL actually would have given me 75% (H) while in AF it is 50%. the difference is not huge but just wanted to understand.

is it the issuing company's accrual table that counts regardless of the flight code?

i was wondering how is it possible that it was AF that issued my ticket while it is DL coded operated by AM?

thank you !
Do you have a 057 ticket or a 062 ticket? If 057, I think the AF accrual would apply.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
If the ticket indeed is on AF stock (057), I think the correct miles have been posted. But you can always try
Old Jul 15, 2017, 6:22 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Who issues the ticket is absolutely irrelevant. Nowhere in the earning description does it mention e-ticket issuance.

As long as the flight is operated by Skyteam, the flight number on the codeshare should be used for crediting.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

....i was wondering how is it possible that it was AF that issued my ticket while it is DL coded operated by AM?....
Did you purchase your ticket in France or French website? AF/KL/DL tickets issued in France are issued on AF 057 stock.@:-)

AF/KL/DL tickets issued in USA are issued on DL 006 stock.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Again, as correctly said by Xandrios, who issued the ticket doesn't matter at all.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TerryK
Did you purchase your ticket in France or French website? AF/KL/DL tickets issued in France are issued on AF 057 stock.@:-)

Not true... DL Tickets issued on the DL French website are on 006 Stock, only when they are issued by phone (AF handles DL ticketing in France and some European countries) then they are in 057 stock.

Similarly, tickets issued on AF.US are on 057 stock, and when booked by telephone (and handled by DL) on 006 stock.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
If your DL coded flight had been operated by a non ST airline you would have earned zero miles on FB. As AM is member of ST you do earn miles. Maybe you should look at the number of miles you should earn for AM flights not DL.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
Originally Posted by brunos
(...) Maybe you should look at the number of miles you should earn for AM flights not DL.
May I ask why this idea?

In FB, what matters is the marketing carrier (provided the metal is Skyteam).

If the flight is DL XXX then one shouldn't one look at earning table in FB for DL flights?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carnarvon
May I ask why this idea?

In FB, what matters is the marketing carrier (provided the metal is Skyteam).

If the flight is DL XXX then one shouldn't one look at earning table in FB for DL flights?
I used "maybe"

But are you sure that only the DL code matters in this case? any source?

I have no personal experience of FB when I used a ST code-shared flight (DL) operated by another ST member (AM). But I do have the experience of not getting miles when the codeshare was not operated by a ST member. SO it seems that FB can spot when a flight is not operated by DL and it would be fully logical if they applied the miles earned for that metal (0 for non-ST and whatever for ST member).
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: FB Plat
Actually, the FB website tells something different.

Miles on a Delta flight:
https://www.flyingblue.com/earn-and-...air-lines.html
Flying Blue members can earn Miles on:
  • Flights that are operated by Delta Air Lines and marketed as DL, AF, KL or a SkyTeam-partner
Doesn't apply to the situation.

Miles on a AM flight:
https://www.flyingblue.com/earn-and-...eromexico.html
Flying Blue members can earn Miles on:
  • Flights that are operated by Aeromexico and marketed as AM, AF, KL or a SkyTeam-partner
Applies to the situation.

Remember:
hi folks,

thank you !
I guess that "accrual table of AF" is a typo and should be read as "accrual table of AM". AF flights should give at least equal miles as DL flights.

So there we go. Even though it has a DL flight name, that doesn't matter because the flight is operated by AM. You got the right amount of miles.

Last edited by Zarmakuizz; Jul 16, 2017 at 4:30 pm
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the confirmation
Old Jul 18, 2017, 12:39 am
Original Poster

the ticket is 057 and i bought it on expedia.fr because that combination was neither available on DL website nor on AM one (AF website does not even price this kind of segment).

I guess that "accrual table of AF" is a typo and should be read as "accrual table of AM". AF flights should give at least equal miles as DL flights.
it was not a typo, i really meant AF Accrual table. FB used the AF table for a 50% accrual for H class at first but after i told them i was expecting the DL Table to be used (i.e. 75%) they answered me saying i am right and they corrected that.

Last edited by newflyer27; Jul 18, 2017 at 12:52 am
Old Jul 18, 2017, 12:50 am
Original Poster

what i am wondering actually is how is it possible the ticket got issued by AF while it is DL coded on AM metal?

does it is have anything to do with the FFP used? would inputting my FB number on Expedia.fr do something like that?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.