Search

Million miler status at Flying blue

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL FBPFL Ultimate, IHG Spire, HERTZ 5 stars
Million miler status at Flying blue

Hi,
Is there any chance to have million miler status (delta,american) ?
Based on the US programs would it be based on the status miles counter that is reduced by 90-70k yearly ?
Tks
Rgds
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Who knows...but I don't think it's on the radar.
And knowing that there is no difference between platinum and LTPE in terms of benefits and also no to very subtle differences between Plat and Ultimate, I think they have other things to work on before a million miler status.
By curiosity, what are the benefits of such status on US airlines ?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
One of the benefits offered often is lifetime elite status, so not a lot is missing there.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 4:34 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
70K miles for 10 years will give you lifetime top tier
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
I've crossed the million mile barrier on at least 5 occasions. It never resulted in anything, but then, I also didn't expect anything from it.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Zembla
I've crossed the million mile barrier on at least 5 occasions. It never resulted in anything, but then, I also didn't expect anything from it.
me too. I think I am close to 5m.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: FB (platinum for life), AAdvantage (exec platinum), Aeroflot Bonus (gold)
all 3 major US FF programs offer lifetime elite status for million milers:
DL gives gold (ST Elite+) after 1M, platinum after 4M
AA gives gold (OW Ruby = useless) after 1M, platinum (OW Sapphire) after 2M. Also, AA gives one-time offers of 2 system-wide upgrades each time you reach another million miles after 2M.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 2:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
How do you even keep track of this? As flown miles or credited miles? As credited miles I've crossed it several times, and yes, can't say anything ever happened.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by chil
all 3 major US FF programs offer lifetime elite status for million milers:
DL gives gold (ST Elite+) after 1M, platinum after 4M
AA gives gold (OW Ruby = useless) after 1M, platinum (OW Sapphire) after 2M. Also, AA gives one-time offers of 2 system-wide upgrades each time you reach another million miles after 2M.
Thanks. If that's all, then we already have lifetime status so no need for this million miler thing, although the rules for achieving it are different.

Originally Posted by caliform
How do you even keep track of this? As flown miles or credited miles? As credited miles I've crossed it several times, and yes, can't say anything ever happened.
Personally, based on credited and I simply use just excel to keep track of it
Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Delta has always counted qualifying miles (MQM), while AA counted all miles you credited (rent-a-car, credit card, everything!) until just a few years ago.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes they have a million miler status, its called PLATINUM for life. Fly at least 700,000, at a minimum of 70k each year (or technically, more like 880,000 and 100k per year until about 7 years ago) and you get it. In fact when it was 100k per year, you could very easily equate it to Million Miler status.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by hfly
Yes they have a million miler status, its called PLATINUM for life. Fly at least 700,000, at a minimum of 70k each year (or technically, more like 880,000 and 100k per year until about 7 years ago) and you get it. In fact when it was 100k per year, you could very easily equate it to Million Miler status.
Actually, no need to fly 70K every year, you can even do the 700K in one year, and just one mile in each of the following 9....
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, since they allowed carry forward miles, but again, that would not work solidly backwards as that enhancement was made even after the 100k became 70k, so if one was working backwards, one would have had to have maintained 100k per year for 3 or 4 years (let's say 3 for the later equation), and then a minimum of 70k for a year or two, and only then would one have been able to have flown a minimum of 70k for 2 years, and then one could have flown 350k plus 1 mile for the ensuing 5 years. So it would have been more like a minimum of 810k.

Being someone who got their Lifetime Platinum about 5-6 years ago, it meant having needed to fly a minimum of first the crazy KLM points (which were about 100k miles)for several years, followed by 100k each year (actually one year they lowered it to 90k IIRC), and then maybe the last year or two having a 70k threshold. So I missed out on all the "lite" lifetime Plat opportunities such as carry forward miles and lowered thresholds.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hfly
a minimum of first the crazy KLM points (which were about 100k miles).
With the Flying Dutchman program in its original incarnation reaching the top tier (RoyalWing) was a cinch, especially if you were based in one of the countries with the highest earning schemes (e.g. the UK and Scandinavia). The points carried over as well.

Without flying all that much (nowhere near 100k per annum) I easily accumulated enough points to make instant LTPE when it was introduced.

Johan
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hmmm, Johan, you may be right. as I alluded to with my KLM "crazy points" comment above. I am actually having some trouble remembering way back then. I do recall however having to do something like 40 Euro segments in Business Class to requalify for Royal Wing. And although I do remember that their points did not necessarily have any correlation with miles, I figured that my average segment was about 1200 miles, and all were Business Class, so you are/were talking about a multiplier of 2x, so I figured (based on that back of the envelope math) 96,000, which is where I came up with the 100k comparison. But I do recall that some countries had better schemes, I did not live in one of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.