Pricing of OLCI upgrade PE to Business

Old May 17, 2017, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Pricing of OLCI upgrade PE to Business

Hi. I searched (but on a mobile). Couldn't find the topic. Please point me there if this has its own thread. And apologies if I duplicated.
I'm a couple of weeks out from an SFO-CDG overnight segment I'd like to upgrade. First time in PE.
Purchased the ticket early so I'm on an A fare.
FB quotes 30000 points for the upgrade (to Z?). No award availability yet. FB agent suggested to keep checking but best bet will be at OLCI.
I have the points, but was also wondering what the cash cost would be.
EF showed 20 open seats in J today.
Thanks all.
Old May 17, 2017, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Paid upgrade option (if proposed) will be between € or $ 350 to 650.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Paid upgrade option (if proposed) will be between € or $ 350 to 650.
Thanks. Definitely worth it.
Based on that pricing, I'm guessing 30k FB points (about $300) wouldn't be accepted at OLCI or at the counter.
Is that correct?
Old May 18, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by rickg523
Thanks. Definitely worth it.
Based on that pricing, I'm guessing 30k FB points (about $300) wouldn't be accepted at OLCI or at the counter.
Is that correct?
A day-of-departure upgrade offer can be both money or miles. If I were you I'd go for the miles option, 30k is reasonable for this route.
Show up early at the airport and ask (in case you don't get an offer at OLCI anyway).
Old May 18, 2017, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
A day-of-departure upgrade offer can be both money or miles. If I were you I'd go for the miles option, 30k is reasonable for this route.
Show up early at the airport and ask (in case you don't get an offer at OLCI anyway).
Absolutely. Will be online at T-30.
Intending to be at the airport 3 to 4 hours before departure.
Thanks all.
Old May 18, 2017, 2:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I believe flights to/from the US are T-24.
Old May 18, 2017, 5:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by caliform
I believe flights to/from the US are T-24.
Only when check-in is handled by DL (ATL, DTW), the rest of the flights out of the US are eligible for OLCI at T-30.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.