Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

Not allowed to change flights due to no meal on board? Biz Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 1MM

To be honest, I have heard of this before. SQ has this policy but that is on long haul.

Today, I was connecting in CDG. My flight got in early enough so I walked over to the counter of the earlier CDG-AMS. I had a C fare ticket on the following flight, which was about 2.5 hours later. General boarding had just commenced at this point. I asked if I could be switched to this particular flight and the GA told me they couldn't because the meals for C had already been catered and they didn't have any extra. It was a KL operated flight, FYI and there were 3 open seats in J.

I proceeded to tell her I didn't care about the "meal" on such a short flight and she said there was nothing she could do. I disagreed with her but I could tell she was firm on the decision. So, I sat there for 25 minutes watching the plane board and the door being closed.

Was this just a GA being lazy or is that actually a rule? I have been living in Europe for about 9 months now and there are some quirky rules as compared to the US.... so this may be one of them.

any idea?

thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
There should be some specific counter in CDG 2F for waiting lists or other issues, that's where such requests should be processed if the gate agent is not cooperating. On AF operated flights I did many go shows in C, sometimes I was told I would get no C meal but I don't think I have ever had the case of not being served a meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.