Search

Adding an extra leg to a Flying Blue award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Adding an extra leg to a Flying Blue award ticket

Hi all

Has anyone had any success in adding an extra leg to a flying blue award ticket?

Currently booked LHR-MEX. The connection from MEX-PVR has opened up but the call center is telling me they can only re-ticket it if award availability is available for the entire itinerary (LHR-MEX-PVR). Is that correct?

Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Yes, that is correct. There would be a €45 change fee per ticket too.

Alternately, you can book the new sector as a new, separate ticket for the appropriate miles and taxes.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Yes, that is correct. There would be a €45 change fee per ticket too.

Alternately, you can book the new sector as a new, separate ticket for the appropriate miles and taxes.
Do keep in mind though that it will cost you extra milesin the end, so I would cancel and re-book. To fly to PVR will cost the same amount of miles from LHR as to MEX. dont know the exact no of miles, but the €45 will always be cheaper I guess...
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
Do keep in mind though that it will cost you extra milesin the end, so I would cancel and re-book. To fly to PVR will cost the same amount of miles from LHR as to MEX. dont know the exact no of miles, but the €45 will always be cheaper I guess...
There is no point cancelling/changing as there is no LHR-MEX-PVR availability, so no reason to change/cancel at the moment.

As the sector may never become available to book in FB, it may be better to look for an alternate way of getting from MEX-PVR, particularly if there are cheap cash tickets currently available

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.