Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Award miles now valid for 2 years (instead of 20 months) without activity

Award miles now valid for 2 years (instead of 20 months) without activity

Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Smile Award miles now valid for 2 years (instead of 20 months) without activity

I didn't see it posted in the forum yet (but feel free to move it if it has).
See:
https://flyingblue.com/news/2619/mor...ard-miles.html

Award miles will now be valid for 2 years without flight activity. Not a revolution (especially for actual frequent flyers), but overall a positive change I'd say.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:49 pm

It's only 4 months but I guess it makes it easier to figure out when things will expire.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have really used Flying Blue little over the last couple of years and have dropped from Gold to Silver, with Silver expiring at the end of this month. System says my miles will expire 20 months after my last flight, meaning they will expire at the end of November. Shouldn't it be 20 months after my Silver status ends, rather than 20 months after my last flight??
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:30 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by Concerto
I have really used Flying Blue little over the last couple of years and have dropped from Gold to Silver, with Silver expiring at the end of this month. System says my miles will expire 20 months after my last flight, meaning they will expire at the end of November. Shouldn't it be 20 months after my Silver status ends, rather than 20 months after my last flight??
No, that is correct. It's after your last activity. As long as your are elite, your miles don't expire. But if you loose your elite status, your miles expire 20/24 months after your last activity.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Right. Thanks for that clarification. Obviously with LH Miles & More it kicks in the moment you lose status, because flying activities there do not prolong the life of your miles.

Just had a quick look at my FB account and it now says "Miles that you have earned up to 2 years prior to 2018-03-31, will expire on this date". I'll probably regain elite status at some point, but I've been giving the whole thing a rest and burning miles instead.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.