Wiki Posts
Search

Help me make a choice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 1:33 pm
HNS
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Delta SkyMiles
irishguy28, what website is that? I'm flexible +1 day (either leave 27, return 14 or leave 28 return 15)
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Dear HNS,
Some pro you have "forget" to put in your list.
- The miles will also be add to your status miles, to help reach again Gold (or even Platinum)
- Your wife will also have more status miles in is account (to keep Silver, or even reach Gold).
- Access to lounges with a young baby is a big plus... (I think only this points is a big factor).
How much time is your stop over in CDG ?
other questions, why you did not credit the travel to your skymiles account ?
If your ticket is a AF one (NOT KLM !), you will receive a big increase in status miles for your skymiles account (Delta give you 100% of the distance for the status, even if you have a 25% (class) economy ticket.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:26 pm
HNS
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Delta SkyMiles
OK, the deal is done, I booked on AF, 2 segments each way, layovers in CDG 4h outbound 2h inbound.

FBplatinum, you are correct, those are pros that I haven't mentioned but taken into consideration.

I prefer crediting everything in the same place, plus I qualify on segments, not miles. I don't fly that many long hauls.

Thanks anyone for the very valuable input!

Best,
HNS
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Lewis42
For me, if money is an issue then choose BA.
But a typical FlyerTalker would say money is not an issue and you forked over so much money to get status on an airline so fly the airline with status and forgo the savings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.