Wiki Posts
Search

how to combine points?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:22 am
mlm
Original Poster

how to combine points?

My spouse and I each have a Flying Blue Account. We each also have our own Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card (Flying Blue is one of the transfer partners).

How do we combine our points into a "family" type account similar to what we have with British Air Avios points ??
Thank you.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
easy answer i'm afraid: you can't.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
The only way to do this is to get one of the Air France KLM Amex cards if you are an EU resident, I am afraid. Otherwise, pooling is not possible. Transfer wisely; KLM/AF tends to crack down on Flying Blue accounts with no actual flight activity that get big point deposits, ostensibly against 'fraud'.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by caliform
The only way to do this is to get one of the Air France KLM Amex cards if you are an EU resident, I am afraid. Otherwise, pooling is not possible. Transfer wisely; KLM/AF tends to crack down on Flying Blue accounts with no actual flight activity that get big point deposits, ostensibly against 'fraud'.
No need to be an EU resident. Holding a French or Dutch bank account is required though.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:20 pm
mlm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caliform
Thanks for the good info. It's Unfortunate that we can't combine accounts. It's a PITA to have to book his and her tickets drawing points out of two accounts. We do have a RT KLM flight booked to So. Africa so we'll be getting flight miles as well as the credit card points.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by mlm
Thanks for the good info. It's Unfortunate that we can't combine accounts. It's a PITA to have to book his and her tickets drawing points out of two accounts. We do have a RT KLM flight booked to So. Africa so we'll be getting flight miles as well as the credit card points.
It's a little annoying but I wouldn't call it a PITA, you can add a 'travel companion' in each account so then you only fill the details once.

Remember that a one-way costs exactly half of a r/t, so booking the outbound from one account and the inbound from the other makes it a bit easier to manage seats for example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.