Inheriting status after booking ticket with airmiles

Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Inheriting status after booking ticket with airmiles

So I booked a ticket using airmiles on FB for someone els, and everything went well, but it turns out that the person that I booked the ticket for also got gold status for that flight. (Or so it looks like)

Is it normal that the person that I booked the flight for gets my status? The confirmation email also has my flying blue number with his personal data, while afaik that's normally not possible
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by wovenwood
So I booked a ticket using airmiles on FB for someone els, and everything went well, but it turns out that the person that I booked the ticket for also got gold status for that flight. (Or so it looks like)

Is it normal that the person that I booked the flight for gets my status? The confirmation email also has my flying blue number with his personal data, while afaik that's normally not possible
Welcome to FlyerTalk and, yes, this is perfectly normal.

G
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Welcome to FlyerTalk and, yes, this is perfectly normal.

G
Thanks a lot!

Should I mark this thread as solved or something like that (not sure how)?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by wovenwood
Thanks a lot!

Should I mark this thread as solved or something like that (not sure how)?
No action required - I'm sure other newbies will find this helpful ^

G
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Just to be clear: it sounds obvious but the status afforded to your friend is just for these flights. It is not actually that his FB status ups to Gold for the rest of the year, in case that is what you were thinking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.