Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help with an FB reservation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Good news! Got new eticket today (57 stock) with the earlier connection into DTW so it all works now.
Obviously this is what should have happened from the beginning but I am glad it got sorted out in the end, even if at the 4th or 5th attempt.

Lessons for anyone in the same situation:

* FB agents CAN ask DL to release seats. If an agent says they can't, try again. The last agent that sorted out the situation simply said "it's no problem - we'll just ask DL to get you another flight" to which I said "yes, that's what I asked 4 times already" - and she said "really, we always do that". DOH!

* Never agree to have the tickets cancelled even if you are told, like I was 3 times in a row, there's nothing they can do.

* If it all fails, try to speak to DL and put a note in the reservation. I did just that - it was a request from DL to pass on a message to release a seat.

Thanks for everyone for the advice.

Fingers crossed there's no more schedule changes now...
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by wobbly wings
Good news! Got new eticket today (57 stock) with the earlier connection into DTW so it all works now.
Obviously this is what should have happened from the beginning but I am glad it got sorted out in the end, even if at the 4th or 5th attempt.

Lessons for anyone in the same situation:

* FB agents CAN ask DL to release seats. If an agent says they can't, try again. The last agent that sorted out the situation simply said "it's no problem - we'll just ask DL to get you another flight" to which I said "yes, that's what I asked 4 times already" - and she said "really, we always do that". DOH!

* Never agree to have the tickets cancelled even if you are told, like I was 3 times in a row, there's nothing they can do.

* If it all fails, try to speak to DL and put a note in the reservation. I did just that - it was a request from DL to pass on a message to release a seat.

Thanks for everyone for the advice.

Fingers crossed there's no more schedule changes now...
Bravo ! I am happy that you sorted this out. It is truly amazing how lazy or incompetent (or both) some agents could be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.