Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum line is great... (irony warning)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 5:53 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ditto
Hmmm I just had my first experience with the Plat line and I must say I am impressed....

Me: Hello I have a flight tomorrow
Agent: Yes, I see, to XXXX?
Me: Yes, and I see that I cannot OLCI with you
Agent: Yes, correct, you have to use the operating carrier website for that
Me: OK, and I need their PNR for that
Agent: Here you go it is YYYYYY (I literally had to ask him to wait as I didn't expect him to provide it to me so quickly!)

All of this, including listening to the recording, putting in my FB number and waiting took less than 2 minutes.
I called this am to get a member of my family on a different PNR without status linked to my PNR and I can say it went way above my expectations !
In bonus the agent got us seated together for free (EU KLM flights) otherwise we would have had to pay to get a non status seated with me before OLCI.
The agent said: Christmas present!

Including the little wait, I just spent 7min on the phone.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life
I called the Plat Line in NL about 5 times (if not more) over the past couple of months and each time got great service!
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I have only one "bad" experience so far with the plat line, the rest has been top notch.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:33 pm

In addition, after today's call I received within the next few hours a survey from AF asking to evaluate the service, the agent and AF&KLM in general.
Looks like they want to keep improving which is good to see.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 3:13 pm
Mol

Called them two weeks ago because I was going to miss a connection in SIN on my way from SYD to AMS, and they changed me to a Qatar flight within minutes. Fantastic service!
Old Nov 28, 2016, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Mol
Called them two weeks ago because I was going to miss a connection in SIN on my way from SYD to AMS, and they changed me to a Qatar flight within minutes. Fantastic service!
WOW ^
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:55 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
FB service

Called them yesterday for a missing UX flight bought on UX website (UX stock).

The lady identified the ticket as well'as the missing flight and corrected the mistake on the spot.

After logging out, l logged in again and the flight was showing. ^
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

To add another nice story. I was in London with 2 colleagues (1 Plat and 1 Gold), and I am Plat, as you likely know . My Plat colleague and I had MiNi tickets , which were very cheap, with the return flight to CDG in the afternoon, as we were sure that we would be done early enough. My Gold colleague had a discounted ticket (not MiNi). Due to unexpected complications during our meeting, we realized early afternoon that we would never catch our flight. I called the Plat line to change our flights. Of course, for the 2 MiNi tickets, there was nothing to do and we had to buy 2 new one-way tickets and we took some Eco-Flex fares, booked on the last flight of the day, hoping that we could maybe catch the one before. For the modifiable ticket of my Gold colleague, there was a 70 Euros change fee + fare class adjustment, overall something around 350E to pay. But our bad luck continued and then we reached a point where we could not even make the last flight of the day . So I called again the Plat line to re-re-book us for the next day, and by pure chance, I spoke to the same lady . There was of course no problem to change the 2 eco-flex tickets, but for my Gold colleague, there was normally another 70 Euros change fee to pay. But, spontaneously, she said to me that due to my loyalty and the one of my 2 colleagues, there was no way she would ask us to pay the change fee a 2nd time today. She said she will taking care of all of it and she indeed changed the ticket for free ^
Just great...
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Mol
Wow.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Goldorak
To add another nice story. I was in London with 2 colleagues (1 Plat and 1 Gold), and I am Plat, as you likely know . My Plat colleague and I had MiNi tickets , which were very cheap, with the return flight to CDG in the afternoon, as we were sure that we would be done early enough. My Gold colleague had a discounted ticket (not MiNi). Due to unexpected complications during our meeting, we realized early afternoon that we would never catch our flight. I called the Plat line to change our flights. Of course, for the 2 MiNi tickets, there was nothing to do and we had to buy 2 new one-way tickets and we took some Eco-Flex fares, booked on the last flight of the day, hoping that we could maybe catch the one before. For the modifiable ticket of my Gold colleague, there was a 70 Euros change fee + fare class adjustment, overall something around 350E to pay. But our bad luck continued and then we reached a point where we could not even make the last flight of the day . So I called again the Plat line to re-re-book us for the next day, and by pure chance, I spoke to the same lady . There was of course no problem to change the 2 eco-flex tickets, but for my Gold colleague, there was normally another 70 Euros change fee to pay. But, spontaneously, she said to me that due to my loyalty and the one of my 2 colleagues, there was no way she would ask us to pay the change fee a 2nd time today. She said she will taking care of all of it and she indeed changed the ticket for free ^
Just great...
Good stuff. ^

Isn't this just the "24 hour" rule applied to ticket modifictation in this case? When you buy a new ticket and call them within 24 hours and explain that you had made an error in your booking, they typically just cancel it and you don't pay, because the payment has not posted yet in their finance system. In this case, they treated your first change request as your "error" and just made you pay for the second.

I am not sure whether the lady that you spoke to explicitly and consciously applied that rule, but in the end this is it, isn't it?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Good stuff. ^

Isn't this just the "24 hour" rule applied to ticket modifictation in this case? When you buy a new ticket and call them within 24 hours and explain that you had made an error in your booking, they typically just cancel it and you don't pay, because the payment has not posted yet in their finance system. In this case, they treated your first change request as your "error" and just made you pay for the second.

I am not sure whether the lady that you spoke to explicitly and consciously applied that rule, but in the end this is it, isn't it?
That "24hrs rule" doesn't exist in P.O.S. France, AFAIK.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 3:37 am

KLM does apply this 24 hours rule : https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/cus..._klm/index.htm

https://www.klm.com/travel/fr_fr/cus..._klm/index.htm
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Goldorak
That "24hrs rule" doesn't exist in P.O.S. France, AFAIK.
I just ended up in a similar situation: I booked some flights on AF website with the cheapest non refundable non modifiable fare and I noticed straight after paying that I booked a flight departing too late
Since I'm new to the FB Platinum world, I first contacted AF on Twitter. They offered me to cancel my booking and rebook the correct flight (which by chance was at the same price as the one I wrongly booked), but they said I would have to pay 25€ as processing fees.
In the meantime, I got reminded that I could call the platinum line. So I called them, explained the situation and the guy canceled my initial booking, rebooked the correct flights and didn't mention any processing fees at all.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
I just ended up in a similar situation: I booked some flights on AF website with the cheapest non refundable non modifiable fare and I noticed straight after paying that I booked a flight departing too late
Since I'm new to the FB Platinum world, I first contacted AF on Twitter. They offered me to cancel my booking and rebook the correct flight (which by chance was at the same price as the one I wrongly booked), but they said I would have to pay 25€ as processing fees.
In the meantime, I got reminded that I could call the platinum line. So I called them, explained the situation and the guy canceled my initial booking, rebooked the correct flights and didn't mention any processing fees at all.
Bravo ^
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Just to be sure I understand how the 24hr rule applies to AFKL. KL has a very explicit 24 hr rule while AF apparently does not.
Does buying on KL website an AF flight allow to benefit from that rule?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.