Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum line is great... (irony warning)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Originally Posted by CDGcommuter
I'm not really good at inserting images :-) but I will try to guide you:
contact ("Nous contacter"), the following scren should give you "Contacts in France" followed by "Other contacts". If you click on "Contacts in France", it gives you "Your dedicated line, accessible 24/7" and if you click on that your phone should compose the number, which starts as +33 1 49... and connect you directly to the Plat line where they should already know who's the caller. I have an iPhone, not sure if on other phones is different. Hope this helps.
It works allso with Android App.
But seems not for FB plat line number for other countries
Old Oct 27, 2016, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
contact ("Nous contacter"), the following scren should give you "Contacts in France" followed by "Other contacts". If you click on "Contacts in France", it gives you "Your dedicated line, accessible 24/7" and if you click on that your phone should compose the number, which starts as +33 1 49... and connect you directly to the Plat line where they should already know who's the caller. I have an iPhone, not sure if on other phones is different. Hope this helps.
hmmm... I get the app in English. I clicked on 'contact us'.

my choices are 1) contact our call center (ps: grrr on using American spelling!! ), 2) contact us via facebook, 3) contact us via twitter, 4) missing baggage.

I chose the first. I then have a page saying "select your country" which is by default on UK. There I get the UK platinum line showing for mobile assistance and book flights/manage reservation. there is a different (geographical) number for FB.

If I change the country to France, and then press "confirm", I get the numbers I gave you above.

Could I ask if your account is registered in France? And if you select UK, do you get the platinum number (0207...). I wonder if when you are logged in, the website might only give the platinum line in your country of residence and just the default call centre options elsewhere?

Silly thing is that before, FB used to print the French Le Club number at the back of our cards, but doesn't since they've introduced the UK platinum line -- which is open for much shorter hours!
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
orbitmic, not sure I follow, do you need the number of the France-based Platinum line?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
orbitmic, not sure I follow, do you need the number of the France-based Platinum line?
I think I have it noted somewhere (god knows where though so if you can PM me it might save me some rummaging!! ) but I was trying to see if it was possible to see it on any AF stuff as a UK-based plat for life, and I think that it isn't.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Same on Samsung (Android OS).
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:10 am

Programs: FB platinum
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I think I have it noted somewhere (god knows where though so if you can PM me it might save me some rummaging!! ) but I was trying to see if it was possible to see it on any AF stuff as a UK-based plat for life, and I think that it isn't.
Unless I'm mistaken, the trick to make it work is fairly easy: in the app settings, put your country as "France" (you can keep english as your language), and it will show up! At least on Android, with country=UK it shows only the options you described, but with country=FR, it adds the plat line
Old Oct 28, 2016, 3:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL, Eurostar Carte Blanche, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by orbitmic
hmmm... I get the app in English. I clicked on 'contact us'.

my choices are 1) contact our call center (ps: grrr on using American spelling!! ), 2) contact us via facebook, 3) contact us via twitter, 4) missing baggage.

I chose the first. I then have a page saying "select your country" which is by default on UK. There I get the UK platinum line showing for mobile assistance and book flights/manage reservation. there is a different (geographical) number for FB.

If I change the country to France, and then press "confirm", I get the numbers I gave you above.

Could I ask if your account is registered in France? And if you select UK, do you get the platinum number (0207...). I wonder if when you are logged in, the website might only give the platinum line in your country of residence and just the default call centre options elsewhere?

Silly thing is that before, FB used to print the French Le Club number at the back of our cards, but doesn't since they've introduced the UK platinum line -- which is open for much shorter hours!
My account is registered in Italy and, yes, if I select UK I get the 0207 number, but I guess lynxy is right: I just noticed that my country is set on France.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lynxy
Unless I'm mistaken, the trick to make it work is fairly easy: in the app settings, put your country as "France" (you can keep english as your language), and it will show up! At least on Android, with country=UK it shows only the options you described, but with country=FR, it adds the plat line
Doh! Silly me!!! Thanks, that indeed worked perfectly fine that way! ^ Thanks nonetheless to the two kind souls who pm'ed me the number in case but it's very useful that I now know how to find it on the app!
Old Nov 17, 2016, 12:13 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Benefits?

Hi,

Just had an experience with the Platinum Line (was basically forced to speak to them as I normally don't care and just use the normal contact number - however for the first time since achieving Plat status early this year, I was told in a polite way that I 'have' to speak to the Plat line).

Anyway, long story short - I really don't understand what additional benefits do I get from these agents?
- in the end my problem was not solved
- I had to explain the whole problem twice in order for the agent to get the answer correctly - not a complicated problem
- they are not related to customer service - so wanted to bring something non-ticket related - was told that I had to contact the customer service via email

Therefore after this 1st experience - I am still left clueless why the need for this line?

Cheers!
Old Nov 17, 2016, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Just had an experience with the Platinum Line (was basically forced to speak to them as I normally don't care and just use the normal contact number - however for the first time since achieving Plat status early this year, I was told in a polite way that I 'have' to speak to the Plat line).

Anyway, long story short - I really don't understand what additional benefits do I get from these agents?
- I had to explain the whole problem twice in order for the agent to get the answer correctly - not a complicated problem
- they are not related to customer service - so wanted to bring something non-ticket related - was told that I had to contact the customer service via email

Therefore after this 1st experience - I am still left clueless why the need for this line?

Cheers!
It sounds like you probably got a useless agents. I normally enjoy the relatively short waiting times, swift problem solving and distinct capability in handling a number of issues (e.g. IRROPs) which, in normal circumstances (i.e. no status etc.), could lead, for instance, to longer waiting times. I experienced cases -mostly IRROPs- where agents went the extra mile to help me hence I can't really fault them.

G
Old Nov 17, 2016, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Hi,

Cheers!
outside what AlicorporateUK said (on which I completely agree), it's hard to tell you more without knowing what was the purpose of your call/which problem you had to solve.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
As Goldorak just said, without knowing the purpose of your call, it is hard to say much.

However:

Just had an experience with the Platinum Line (was basically forced to speak to them as I normally don't care and just use the normal contact number -
That may be a mistake. The people at this number are usually better trained and informed.

- normal number at normal cost (not premium, at least in France), shorter waiting times, operating 7/7, 24/24.

Was it solvable?

This is indeed not their job.

Issuing tickets, addressing all booking issues, rebooking, rerouting in case of snow, strike etc,, assigning seats when the website does not work, letting airport people know about any special things that they highlight in your file, FB issues, and quite likely more, but I can't think of it now.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 4:54 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by carnarvon

Was it solvable?
Yes, it was. It was just a simple issued EMD issued to me because an earlier agent during one of my calls to change a ticket charged me an administration cost charge which was not applicable to my flex ticket (tried to argue with that agent that it's not needed, but did not want listen, so I just paid and the 2nd time I had to call to change, I double checked again and was confirmed that indeed it was not supposed to have been charged - therefore issued with an EMD).

The agent had to check twice to confirm to me that they could refund the EMD amount to me because initially I was told that I can only use it for purchasing a ticket and cannot be refunded to my card/bank.

Anyway, it's only 1 experience - but as you stated, maybe they could be more useful for my other problems... just not the first good impression.

OTOH - never had to wait too long for the normal line.

Cheers!
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
I have to say I am quite happy with the Platinum Line.
But then I am also happy with the Premium Economy product so I am likely considered somehow biased positively towards AF.
Amen!

U.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:34 am

Hmmm I just had my first experience with the Plat line and I must say I am impressed....

Me: Hello I have a flight tomorrow
Agent: Yes, I see, to XXXX?
Me: Yes, and I see that I cannot OLCI with you
Agent: Yes, correct, you have to use the operating carrier website for that
Me: OK, and I need their PNR for that
Agent: Here you go it is YYYYYY (I literally had to ask him to wait as I didn't expect him to provide it to me so quickly!)

All of this, including listening to the recording, putting in my FB number and waiting took less than 2 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.