Earning FB miles for online shopping?

Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Earning FB miles for online shopping?

Flyingblue has earnonline.flyingblue.com, which should be giving you miles for purchases on some online shops, KLM also have shop@klm where you can order items and earn miles for it.

I have received several e-mails with confirmations that transactions have been approved and miles will be added to my account within 24 hours, but even 2 weeks later... nothing.
I have contacted flying blue about a week after those 24 hours, they indicated it will be added to my account within 48 hours, a week later I contacted them again and then they have initially said it can take up to 120 days, when I pointed out to them and sent them screenshots of the e-mail confirmation saying 24 hours, they said they this will require further research so I am still waiting for them.

Is it just me having troubles with them?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 12:18 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
It sometimes takes months, but they do post eventually.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:52 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
It once took 20 months (!) for me.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Well, their latest reply now states it takes "between 48h to 120 days", since it has been 119 from the first purchase I guess it will take one more day
Old Oct 10, 2016, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

So now closing the loop here, one transaction from the KLM online webshop is still missing, but today all of the "approved" ones from earnonline.flingblue.com have been credited to my account, back dating to the original purchase date of course.
Surprisingly or not, today is exactly 120 days from the first of them.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: FB, velib
"Recently" by FB

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...tput-10ea.jpeg
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
WOW I hope you were not waiting for those miles to book an award ticket back in 2015 !!!
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:03 pm
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
I'm still waiting for Award Miles made on Cotswold Outdoor purchases last July and August and FB acknowledge that the purchases were made correctly on their system and have the reciepts as proof. Called FB again today and got the usual meaningless answer. Even spoke to someone at the FB desk in Lounge 52 in AMS about this, but that's worthless.

I've virtually zero confidence in getting Earn Online Award Miles as every purchase I've made as it either requires waiting more than the 120 days limit or they give the wrong amount and when shown proof of purchase (always take print screens of the pound to Award Miles rate and amount spent) they have to credit to me the extra Miles they omit. Can't see why they always mess it up.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:08 am
Original Poster

It takes time but at the end it credits, I do agree that contacting FB about it is a useless excersize, it's one of those things that are 'computer says no/yes', so just have patiance and wait...

For purchases in NL I think VAT/shipment is excluded, that migh explain the 'wrong' amount you see.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I agree that contacting FB about these miles is mostly a useless exercise.

Both times I got courtesy miles, since they could arrange that themselves, instead of fixing the problem with the purchase that wasn't going through properly.

I do have to say that after I get a confirmation for miles, they almost always post instantly or within 24 hours. I never had it taken more time then that.

Seems Bol.com and ITunes mostly get approved with 2/3 months for me.

Hope this info helps.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
I've had bol.com clear after 3 months recently and one from last week within 3 hours.

It feels like someone is processing a manual queue somehow and sometimes forgets for a while ;-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.