UX leaves FB and launches its own FFP

Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by irishguy28
What would have been noteworthy would have been if UX would expect its flyers, who had status in the old programme, to start from nothing in the new programme.

That would be a crazy way to change programmes. It would actively ensure that most/all of its frequent flyers would not swap programmes.

Of course, many may choose not to anyway.
+1. Nothing to do with a status match, this is merely honouring existing status
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I don't think this is a big deal as some are making it out to be. I think most of us FB members only few UX because it was cheaper than AF/KL/IB, especially on one-way fares. I think since UX joined FB, IB has become more competitive on these fares which is great. Long live UX! But if I can no longer use the elite check in desk, I probably won't fly them anymore. Some of those economy check in lines were horribly long! Or maybe UX will offer mobile check in for flights leaving Paris soon? If not, I'll pay a bit extra to fly AF/KL or IB when I need to go to or from Spain.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
I don't think this is a big deal as some are making it out to be. I think most of us FB members only few UX because it was cheaper than AF/KL/IB, especially on one-way fares. I think since UX joined FB, IB has become more competitive on these fares which is great. Long live UX! But if I can no longer use the elite check in desk, I probably won't fly them anymore. Some of those economy check in lines were horribly long! Or maybe UX will offer mobile check in for flights leaving Paris soon? If not, I'll pay a bit extra to fly AF/KL or IB when I need to go to or from Spain.
Don't worry Stimpy
UX is not leaving Skyteam, so your elite plus status in FB will still allow you to enjoy the same benefits when flying UX.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Don't worry Stimpy
UX is not leaving Skyteam, so your elite plus status in FB will still allow you to enjoy the same benefits when flying UX.
Ah, thanks. I missed that part. That really makes this change a non-event in my book.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It looks like qualification levels are a little lower:
18K/32K/60K or 14/26/50 segments for Silver/Gold/Platinum respectively. There is soft landing to one level lower in case of non-renewal.

Miles will expire if there is no activity within 18 months. They move to a BA-style 12 months period from day of promotion to the higher level rather than by calendar year. Free seat allocation from Silver upwards, fast track from Gold upwards and free business class upgrade subject to availability at the gate for Plats. Status onus miles are currently aligned on FB (viz. 50/75/100% for S/G/P respectively).

For flights on UX itself, miles are based on ticket price (2 miles per euro) rather than class of travel, similar to what US programmes (or Aer Lingus) are moving to. Booking class/distance kept for flights on other ST airlines.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 3:34 am

Treshhold

the qualification tresholds looks lower but they wrote "Going up A level" so I assume you'll need 14 flights + 26 to reach gold...not that clear what happends if you fly 26 in one year...
Old Dec 25, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by Swissfly
the qualification tresholds looks lower but they wrote "Going up A level" so I assume you'll need 14 flights + 26 to reach gold...not that clear what happends if you fly 26 in one year...
You're misinterpreting it. They can't afford having higher thresholds than FB.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
According to LoyaltyLobby blog, there is a staus match being offered: http://loyaltylobby.com/2016/02/19/a...am-elite-plus/

I have been searching Air Europa's website, but I have not yet found where to register for the program. Can anybody help?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Richard1148
According to LoyaltyLobby blog, there is a staus match being offered: http://loyaltylobby.com/2016/02/19/a...am-elite-plus/

I have been searching Air Europa's website, but I have not yet found where to register for the program. Can anybody help?
if you mean how to register on the SUMA program, it is on the top right of the website. you ll either fin "My account" or "Suma".

Once you have a Suma number, you can ask for status match by sending an email to "[email protected]".
Old Mar 14, 2016, 2:34 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I received my status match within 2 hours of filing the application.

Just wondering, can I guest a second guest in the lounge if I am a double Elite Plus member?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Gajan
I received my status match within 2 hours of filing the application.
Could you let us know what status you used to match, and which level in Suma you received?

And how long does the new Suma status last?

Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:58 pm

Data point:

Received full mileage credit for a Delta E class ticket. Full miles flown in redeemable and elite qualifying suma points
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Could you let us know what status you used to match, and which level in Suma you received?

And how long does the new Suma status last?

Thanks!
FB platinum to Suma Platinum.

Status is given for one year from date of qualification, so until 14/3/17 in my case.

I have dropped them a mail about the soft landing, i.e. if you have to have a qualifying flight in your account to be eligible and will report back.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Thank you!

The "soft landing" is a published benefit so I suspect it doesn't require any activity but no harm to check - perhaps status matched customers will be handled differently.

So it sounds like Suma doesn't operate on fixed calendar year like FB. Pity status doesn't last a bit longer.

I guess Suma Platinum is pretty meaningless in your case, given that it doesn't even exceed the validity period of your FB Platinum (unless you are due to dip down to Gold next month).

Good to know there is a new option for Skyteam status. Particularly if they would match BA Gold to Suma Platinum!
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:46 am

Received confirmation from UX that soft landing is also given even if you do not have any activity in your account.

@irishguy28: I qualified for LTPE a few years ago, so no need to qualify again in the future but may have a few economy trips with UX in the future so applied for the status match mainly for the upgrades to business.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.