AF Singapore/Indonesia "Paris along the way" 1N+limo offer

Old Sep 23, 2015, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
AF Singapore/Indonesia "Paris along the way" 1N+limo offer

Just found out that if you are travelling in biz class with AF to Paris CDG or Europe via Paris CDG stop-over, they will offer you:

• One free night stay at a four-star hotel in Paris including breakfast.
  • Complimentary two-way luxury limousine transfer from Paris Charles de Gaulle airport to hotel and vice versa.

http://www.airfrance.sg/SG/en/local/...longtheway.htm

You can fill up the request form after your booking is done, up to 3 days before flying:

http://www.airfrance.sg/SG/en/local/...ookingform.pdf

Some black out dates, minimum stay (7 days) and other constraints. Read carefully the footnotes.

Offer is valid for bookings made by 30 November 2015 and for journey to be completed by 31 December 2015 and is subject to availability.

Julien
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: Some
Same offer also seems to be running for flights starting in South Africa, India and Canada that connect through Paris, there's a page on each local website. Unfortunately I can't find anything for journeys starting in Europe and going the other direction!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Just confirmed with them that the offer works also if you stop-over twice (both ways) but can only be used once of course.

Will send my bookings to this offer soon.
Hey, free limo and one free SPG stay!

Julien
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Would be interesting to know what is the cheapest fare for this offer.

Last edited by brunos; Oct 28, 2015 at 11:42 pm
Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Interestingly, AF pricing tier makes it possible to get paid to visit another city in Europe!

Example: Business class SIN-CDG return was about US$5,000 while SIN-CDG-PRG with stop-over in CDG both ways only US$4,600.

You get paid US$400 to fly business CDG-PRG + 2x1,850 miles bonus (I'm FB Gold).

Throw in the return limo trip promo in Paris (easily 60-90 EUR each) + Meridien night (pre-paid + breakfast listed at 570 EUR for the night I'm interested in, close to Xmas) and it's getting real sweet. All-in-all a saving of about 1,000 EUR by adding the CDG-PRG part.

They're even checking if the limo could drop me somewhere not too far (family visit) from the original hotel drop location instead of straight to the offered hotel.

Julien
Old Oct 28, 2015, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
Would be interesting to know what is the cheapest fare for this offer.
Keep in mind the reference price for the SIN-CDG in business class is US$4,905, anything below you are getting paid to visit a European city.

Played a bit with Google Flights (on my specific dates) and:
  • SIN-CDG-MOW: US$4,605
  • SIN-CDG-BCN: US$4,601
  • SIN-CDG-VIE: US$4,564
  • SIN-CDG-BUD or OTP: U$4,558
  • SIN-CDG-DUB or MIL or STO or HEL: US$4,545
  • SIN-CDG-PRG: US$4,535
  • SIN-CGD-CPH: US$4,524
  • SIN-CDG-TUN: US$4,489
  • SIN-CDG-ALG: US$4,469
  • SIN-CDG-LHR: US$4,459
  • SIN-CDG-MAD or LIS: US$4,548
  • SIN-CDG-MLA: US$4,398
  • SIN-CDG-FRA: US$4,280
  • SIN-CDG-MUC: US$4,269
  • SIN-CDG-TXL: US$4,264
  • SIN-CDG-OSL: US$4,097
  • SIN-CDG-ZRH: US$3,848
  • SIN-CDG-ATH: US$3,782

Haven't found cheaper than Singapore-CDG-Athens or -Zurich.

You can play here.

Julien
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by generikz
Keep in mind the reference price for the SIN-CDG in business class is US$4,905, anything below you are getting paid to visit a European city.

Played a bit with Google Flights (on my specific dates) and:
  • SIN-CDG-MOW: US$4,605
  • SIN-CDG-BCN: US$4,601
  • SIN-CDG-VIE: US$4,564
  • SIN-CDG-BUD or OTP: U$4,558
  • SIN-CDG-DUB or MIL or STO or HEL: US$4,545
  • SIN-CDG-PRG: US$4,535
  • SIN-CGD-CPH: US$4,524
  • SIN-CDG-TUN: US$4,489
  • SIN-CDG-ALG: US$4,469
  • SIN-CDG-LHR: US$4,459
  • SIN-CDG-MAD or LIS: US$4,548
  • SIN-CDG-MLA: US$4,398
  • SIN-CDG-FRA: US$4,280
  • SIN-CDG-MUC: US$4,269
  • SIN-CDG-TXL: US$4,264
  • SIN-CDG-OSL: US$4,097
  • SIN-CDG-ZRH: US$3,848
  • SIN-CDG-ATH: US$3,782

Haven't found cheaper than Singapore-CDG-Athens or -Zurich.

You can play here.

Julien
Frankly the USD4,905 fare is a regular fare, I have seen much cheaper I or Z fares exSIN. Might be worth waiting for another promotion unless one values the free night in Paris. For example, there are currently fares to ATH for USD3,450 and that is not the cheaper I have seen (could get below 3,000). SO the free night option is valued at some 300.
BTW: Le Meridien is not a very good hotel and it books at around USD200 on hotels.com

Last edited by brunos; Oct 28, 2015 at 11:47 pm
Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:20 am
Original Poster

BTW: Le Meridien is not a very good hotel and it books at around USD200 on hotels.com
On the night I'm looking at (Dec 16th), Hotels.com gives USD600 (incl. taxes+fees).

Remember that I'm looking at December where prices tend to go higher than usual in Europe.
And I need the 2 stop-overs in Paris. The extra trip to Prague is an added bonus, with US$400 pocket money on top.

Julien
Old Oct 29, 2015, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would suggest that you be extra careful.
Le Meridien is quite poor and not up to the standards of a typical 4* Singapore hotel.
If they charge as much as 600USD for a room on that date, it could mean that it is not available for AF promotion. Remember the footnote by AF that you will get a CDG hotel (and no limo) if Le Meridien is not available.
Finally, remember that you will have to fly to Prague once you started, even if you change your mind about a week end there under the snow.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 1:28 am
Original Poster

I would suggest that you be extra careful
I'm waiting for the formal confirmation the preliminary feedback was that my request was OK.

They even agreed to drop me in a different destination than the hotel coming from CDG because it wasn't too far off (same side of Paris, near suburbs).

Not cancelling Prague either, I'm going there to ink an investment!

Julien
Old Nov 9, 2015, 1:42 am
Original Poster

If they charge as much as 600USD for a room on that date, it could mean that it is not available for AF promotion.
Confirmed:

As requested, we have booked a non-smoking single room for 16DEC at the Le Meridien Porte Maillot.
As soon as I get the booking # I will double-check with the hotel because right now their website only shows the suite left at EUR 890/night (USD 960).

Finalizing the customized limo drop but it's looking good.

Julien

Last edited by generikz; Nov 9, 2015 at 1:48 am
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Final update:

All vouchers issued and received today (limox2 + hotel night @ Le Méridien).

I can confirm the offer is legit although it takes quite some time between the moment you send your filled form and the moment the vouchers are issued.

They agreed to drop me off not too far from the original drop point (hotel). Very nice of them.

Only unknown part is that I have to tell at what time the limo should be waiting for me at CDG, but I cannot know ahead of time if the flight will be delayed or not. I gave the flight # information, a smart driver would check the flight status before leaving for pick up. Hopefully! I'm supposed to land at 8am and tentatively submitted 9am. In Changi, you can be out of the airport within 20minutes, but at CDG I take some safety margin!

Julien
Old Nov 11, 2015, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I usually take the limo service Lecab (lecab.fr) from airport to Paris. It costs 48 euros from CDG and is reliable.
They wait with a sign. They check the ETA and adjust accordingly.
I typically add 30 minutes with EU passport and you will have ST priority.
If you have checked luggage, there is always some uncertainty.
But the driver should be waiting for you not the reverse.
With lecab, you receive a message with the driver telephone number. As soon as I land, I check the message and call him. That is if you have a French phone.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 8:23 am
Original Poster

I usually take the limo service Lecab (lecab.fr) from airport to Paris.
I never heard of them before but this is the company they hired for these trips:

http://www.chabe-limousines.com/en/

Julien
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by generikz
I never heard of them before but this is the company they hired for these trips:

http://www.chabe-limousines.com/en/

Julien
Chabe limousines is a reputable high-end limo company. Has been in existence for a long time. Used them a couple of times but long ago.
You will probably get their Peugeot 508 (same as Lecab) but you might get lucky and get a nice Mercedes.
You travel at the front of the plane. From Hong Kong, I have been able to get to car in 25 minutes, never took me more than 40 minutes with bags. The limos are used to waiting a bit. That is part of their service (and fee).

I am sure that you will enjoy your trip. Let us know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.