Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help requested: how to book a NON-Mini fare

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Help requested: how to book a NON-Mini fare

it seems when you book a multi-segment itinerary including two countries, e.g. CDG-ZRH MIL-CDG airfrance.com automatically gives you a Mini fare. It only gives you an option if you arrive and depart from the same country e.g. CDG-ZRH GVA/BSL-CDG.

Does anyone know how to get the system to give a Classic fare? Or do I have to call AF (and pay their service fee)...
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: Many
If you call the Elite line (providing appropriate FB status) or AF Internet assistance, you can ask for the extra service fee not to be billed explaining your request the way you just did.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:25 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I have ran into the same issue while booking an open-jaw. In the end I used ITA Matrix to figure out the availability and pricing, and bugged them on facebook until they had put together the correct itinerary/price.

In my case I used a voucher to pay for part of the fare, which means all booking fees are waived. I would say that in your case they should waive the fees too - but it may require some convincing to make them actually do it.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Hi everyone, I actually took it to Twitter and found it to be very well-handled. They knew exactly what I was talking about and reserved my ticket right away. No fees. Thanks again for your feedback.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Hi everyone, I actually took it to Twitter and found it to be very well-handled. They knew exactly what I was talking about and reserved my ticket right away. No fees. Thanks again for your feedback.
Good AF social media team really provides a high level of service IME.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.