Wiki Posts
Search

Redeeming FB miles on Alaska air

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: ALL
Redeeming FB miles on Alaska air

I'm not sure why it's been so difficult for me to the find the answers to what seems to be simple questions:

1. Can I use FB miles to fly Alaska Airlines in first class (the mileage calculator only generates the miles when I choose economy)?

2. Can I book one-way awards on Alaska?

3. FB website indicates awards can be booked online, but I never get a calendar. Must these flights be booked over the phone?

Thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Most partners cannot be booked online...you will have to call.

One ways should now be possible on all partners.

Someone recently reported that Delta is no longer showing any First Class redemptions so it could very well be that Alaska is now the same.

Please, report back here with your experiences and any information gleaned after you call in.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ALL
Had to call in.

I was able to book a one-way first class (2-class aircraft) with points.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by azhoopsfan
Had to call in.

I was able to book a one-way first class (2-class aircraft) with points.
^ glad to hear it worked out.

How many miles?

And remember, bookings into A class get to use the AS BR's (ANC, SEA, PDX and LAX)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.