Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Gold
Seat selection

I booked a flight from CDG to WAW and am unable to select seats beforehand. I was told by the AF rep that seats are only available for selection the "day of" the flight.

Is there any way to get an assignment earlier than 24 hours in advance? I just wanted to confirm that the agent was correct.

Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by bml86
I booked a flight from CDG to WAW and am unable to select seats beforehand. I was told by the AF rep that seats are only available for selection the "day of" the flight.

Is there any way to get an assignment earlier than 24 hours in advance? I just wanted to confirm that the agent was correct.

Thanks!
The only way you can get a seat assignment before online CKI opens is by getting a ticket in Business Class. Advance seat assignments are not possible for flights in Economy Class (which I assume is your case since the agent told you that you cannot do it in advance).

Having said that, "on the day of flight" isn't entirely correct either. You can online CKI from 32 hours before flight onwards.

Bear in mind that there are some Air France niceties: Air France will most probably check you in and send you a boarding pass, which you can then change online or at the airport. if you travel on a MiNi fare and are not a status card holder of their Flying Blue frequent flyer program you'll be assigned a seat by the airline and you won't be able to change it online but only at the airport (to be able to change it online I believe you need at least Gold? Or maybe Silver is sufficient?).

Also bear in mind that the check-in system will not let you pick any seat if you do not hold status with Flying Blue or one of the partner frequent flyer programs.

I hope this helps, even if you had probably hoped that we'd give you a different answer. Have a good trip.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: FB&TK Gold
And actually it might be quite strange.
You might be able to do an OLCI more than 30 hours before the flight (in case it is a connecting flight, and the 1st leg is < 30 hours) but you'll won't be able to change the seat to one you'd like before the 30 hours before that flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.