Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by Concerto
...The first segment (MAD-ORY) is operated by UX with an AF flight number, but I am hoping that I will get the miles as per AF J-class (which at 250% is more than the 150% offered by UX)...
Yes, you will earn AF EQM (250%)

"If your flight number starts with an airline code from one of the Flying Blue partner airlines (e.g. AZ 0123) the accrual scheme of that specific partner (in this case Alitalia) will apply, even if the flight is operated by another Flying Blue partner airline. "

http://www.flyingblue.com/partners/airlines.html

A very good price, impossible to find (except in eco ) before you give us your precise flights...!

Last edited by delanotre; Feb 25, 2015 at 3:51 am
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by KL803
Glad you found a way to work out a week in HKG! Be aware of schedule changes of Xiamen Airlines (check your reservation regularly), they killed my stop-over in XMN so I had to re-route through SHA to avoid a stay over 24 hrs in XMN.
Thanks. HKG is truly my destination, so I am able to attend and play at the Festival that I have been invited for, and I managed the wrangle the dates to fit in. I arrive in XMN at 10h30 (or something) and leave again at 18h45, so hope I can have a brief look at the place. There should have been a flight in the afternoon, but they seem to have pulled that from their schedules. Hopefully they won't pull the evening one as well.

Originally Posted by Maj95m
A stunning airfaire indeed! ^ Can I ask you what data you entered to obtain such a price, as I tried a few combinations for the same routing that all resulted in fares above 3,300 € Thank you!
I used the multicity booking option on expedia.de, which I find (along with orbitz) one of the better booking sites these days. Here's how I constructed my itinerary, given that there are only 5 flight options with the multicity booking tool. I used the general code PAR for Paris, instead of CDG:

MAD-PAR
PAR-AMS
AMS-XMN
XMN-HKG
(following day, because the flight from Amsterdam is overnight. However, stopovers seem to work)
HKG-MAD

I just checked, and it seems to still work on the dates I already booked. However, pumping in the CDG code now gives me a routing that could have avoided the route I ended up booking, with a transit from ORY-CDG. When I was making the booking on Sunday, the CDG option appeared to bring up a "normal" price of some EUR3,600. But I'm not too worried about that, because it is an Air France codeshare operated by Air Europa (Embraer 190 plane), which should be interesting (certainly, an interesting flight number to add to my bizarre collection!)

I think it is important to avoid feeding the route back through Xiamen, because then HKG becomes the destination, which obviously is a lot more expensive.

EDIT- You can also type in MAD-PAR, PAR-XMN, XMN-HKG and HKG-MAD to get it to work, no need to add the AMS sector separately, because the flight to XMN is by KL and therefore you have to pass through AMS anyway.

Remember to check which days the long haul flights operate. For that, I keep the KLM online timetable open in a separate tab.

Another major point to keep in mind is you really do need a 7 night minimum stay at the end. Well...it works with a 7 hour stay in XMN and a 7 night stay in HKG in my case, although XMN is theoretically the destination.

Also, depending where you are beginning from, certain days of flight operation are ineligible for the special price. I believe CPH was available on any operating day, but the issue with CPH is that the offer works only to XMN and back (or CTU, or WUH) and I could not get HKG to work in itinerary.

Remember, with a bit of wrangling the itinerary can work in reverse, too, i.e. to HKG first, then back through XMN, stopover or no stopover. I just couldn't get this permutation to work on my fairly limited dates in July.

Lastly, if you haven't already seen it, there is quite a bit of useful in this thread over at the Premium Fares Deals subforum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...er-thread.html

Last edited by Concerto; Feb 25, 2015 at 4:03 am Reason: missing info & tips
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Thanks. HKG is truly my destination..
Using "google flight" I found it on AF directly to CDG (not ORY) and a transit in HKG to XMN from AMS and back to HKG the day after...for €1203. ^
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Definitely works in reverse like you say (in terms of routing, not point of origin, obviously), but not on the specific dates I needed. I consider myself really lucky if I can make these offers work in conjunction with fixed dates. As it happens, I arrive one day late (rehearsals at the beginning, concerts are later on, fortunately) and will leave one day later.

Anyone one else had any luck booking this deal, either to one of the lesser known Chinese cities in the offer, or wrangling it sideways to a more mainstream destination as I did? On the KLM Swiss page, the offer to the Chinese cities is bookable until 28 February. For other points of origin, it can be different, I think.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Surely the amazing current offer fare of €999 over in the Mileage Runs forum counts as a potential mileage run:

I booked the following itinerary (my TA got a shock )
- LGW-VCE (BA C)
- VCE-AMS-XMN (KL C/J)
- XMN-SHA (MU Y)
- PVG-CDG-LHR (AF A/W)

I am now keeping an eye on KL fares out of LHR for a rotation to XMN/SHA in May

Ciao
Ulxima
Old Feb 26, 2015, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ulxima
I booked the following itinerary (my TA got a shock )
- LGW-VCE (BA C)
- VCE-AMS-XMN (KL C/J)
- XMN-SHA (MU Y)
- PVG-CDG-LHR (AF A/W)

I am now keeping an eye on KL fares out of LHR for a rotation to XMN/SHA in May

Ciao
Ulxima
How much did it cost if I may ask?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's amazing, really good routing. I presume the LGW-VCE is a separate ticket as a positioning flight. The rest, then, is an open jaw beginning at VCE ending at LHR, which I didn't know was possible on this deal (although it is possible to go ex-BCN and return to MAD, and vv).

It reminds me vaguely of that AZ offer last year ex LIN /TRN to AUH, returning to LCY (via FCO both ways), which was a bit of a mistake fare I think (I paid EUR132 ai). Though obviously this current deal is not a mistake fare, just a great fare.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
Anyone one else had any luck booking this deal, either to one of the lesser known Chinese cities in the offer, or wrangling it sideways to a more mainstream destination as I did?
Booked BCN-CDG-AMS-CTU-HKG-AMS-MAD in July/August for GBP864 on expedia.co.uk, with 2 nights in Chengdu (should be transit-visa free for 72 hours) and about 3 weeks in HK. Thanks for the heads-up on the deal.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: FB Plat, Accorhotels Le Club Gold
[QUOTE=Concerto;24374644]Surely the amazing current offer fare of €999 over in the Mileage Runs forum counts as a potential mileage run:

Dear Concerto, thank you for information and advice in these different threads.
I finally booked a BRU-CDG-WUH rt in August at 999 €. 17,710 EQM, 30,378 award miles .
At the time of seat picking, the plane map showed a Best and Beyond quick change 4x4 configuration in J: let us hope it will be confirmed in real.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:04 pm

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by orbitmic
How much did it cost if I may ask?
About €1,300
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:12 pm

That's amazing, really good routing. I presume the LGW-VCE is a separate ticket as a positioning flight. The rest, then, is an open jaw beginning at VCE ending at LHR, which I didn't know was possible on this deal (although it is possible to go ex-BCN and return to MAD, and vv).
That is correct, the flight to VCE is a positioning one on a separate ticket and it is going to happen two days earlier than the departure to XMN.
I have been lucky my TA found the possibility of the open jaw (although with the return in W) to match both MR (this will qualify me again for Platinum) and business trip.
I could not have asked for more...or maybe yes

Ulxima
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This thread may be of some interest: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...90-ai-r-t.html
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Mileage earning/burning in FB is pretty poor; you may wish to explore other programmes if amassing lots of useful, usable miles is your goal.
Is there such a program where you can earn usable miles? (e.g. DL miles are useless, I looked at Miles&Less and just laughed,...)
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by florin
Is there such a program where you can earn usable miles? (e.g. DL miles are useless, I looked at Miles&Less and just laughed,...)
BA/Avios was good, until they came along and made the programme look a lot more like Flying Blue (from late April, anyway)!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
BA/Avios was good, until they came along and made the programme look a lot more like Flying Blue (from late April, anyway)!
It certainly looks more like FB structurally. However, the earn/burn ratio, while significantly worse than before, remains superior to FB, imo. The one area in which FB has a clear edge is on earnings for intra-European earnings in full fare Y or in discount business. Redemption rates with BAEC, while much higher than before, remain generally well below FB. The worst aspect of the changes is the massive hike in PE to C upgrade awards, which used to be the sweet spot of the BAEC programme.

The AA programme is not bad, for European-based flyers at any rate, especially if you avoid BA/IB flights (and therefore avoid high YQ charges). In *A, Avianca's Lifemiles has some good redemption rates but can be hard-work and is not for those who do not want to get their hands dirty and expect simple redemptions with a stellar customer service. Aegean is good if you are primarily after status rather than redemption value. I struggle to find any outstanding programme within ST and it really more of a question of who is your primary carrier as the most significant factor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.