Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Transavia new livery

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps62adab20.jpg

Ouch.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold

It's simpler than the last one - and they got rid of the ".com" - so I think it's an improvement.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a passenger I sit inside the plane, and may or may not look out, so I don't really care much about the livery. This one looks like a waste of money, though. What's that on the tail? A barbed fish hook?

Johan
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
The new branding looks cheap and boring.

They should have just rebranded to a pan european name. The Transavia name will never get serious traction against easyjet.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you are assigning far too much importance to the brand name!

As long as you don't choose a disastrous name like "CrashAir Express" or "Air Explosion", I don't really think the name makes much difference.

I will agree that easyjet has greater name recognition than Transavia - but easyjet's greater success is not really because of its name. Had Stelios decided to call it something else, I doubt the airline's fortunes would be much different today.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
As long as you don't choose a disastrous name like "CrashAir Express" or "Air Explosion", I don't really think the name makes much difference.
Malmö Aviation, a well-established name in Sweden, has decided merge with Sverigeflyg and rebrand as BRA.

I guess they don't have any English-speaking passengers.

Johan
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If they were still flying, BRA should have formed an alliance with Hooters Air.

Re: BRA: did they miss an "Athens" at the end?

Last edited by irishguy28; Jan 27, 2015 at 4:19 am
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
As a passenger I sit inside the plane, and may or may not look out, so I don't really care much about the livery. This one looks like a waste of money, though.
Planes have to get periodically repainted. Money is paid for the paint jobs anyway. I don't think it costs extra to change the livery.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
What a shame, another typically bland logo that resembles those of the early 2000s. There's none of those stupid whooshes, though, which is something. I recall that Aer Lingus also rebranded in the early 2000s, and the new logo was so utterly horrible (it took blandness to a whole new concept level) that it disappeared pretty quickly and they reverted to the old one.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
I recall that Aer Lingus also rebranded in the early 2000s, and the new logo was so utterly horrible (it took blandness to a whole new concept level) that it disappeared pretty quickly and they reverted to the old one.
Aer Lingus has used its current logo since 1996 (first from left, below). It attracted a lot of controversy at the time, having paid several million pounds to a brand agency, who merely (according to most commentators) "tilted" the shamrock. (The font and colouring also changed)

The previous logo (2nd from left, below) had been in place since 1973.

I guess you are talking about the livery on some of their planes. And yes, indeed, they did have "aerlingus.com" plastered on some of their 737s, but this was never an actual logo/brand, but merely designed to advertise their website. The last of these Boeings left the fleet in 2005.

Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Absolutely right, that's the one. I did see this livery displayed electronically over the check-in desks at the time, so I thought it was another dreadful rebranding attempt.

The Transavia rebranding really is dreadful, though. The old logo is quite distinctive and pleasant, why on earth change it? It now looks like it stands for everything that Air France has become these days, just another bland low cost clone carrier with crap, ŕ la carte, pay-as-you-go service.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
From "Le Figaro"
The company come in April, in Flying Blue Air France-KLM loyalty system. Travelers no longer be content to convert their miles by Transavia tickets. They also earn miles on Transavia.

Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:54 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
I am struggling to see the consistance of changes at Transavia: first, they make the uniforms classier, getting out of the dreadful green, and then they make a green and white livery with no blue that would allow the traveller to mentally link the airline with AF or KL...
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
With all respect, but the new livery hurts my eyes. It looks as if some ugly green paint was on sale. In addition, I think it's quite boring too, with just one color.

By the way, what's the logo in red on the belly of the aircraft? A hammer and scythe? Looks a bit like it. More like flying with Komrad Transavski then.

Furthermore, I agree with Irishguy28. It's nice they got rid of the .com in their name. .com is quite early 2000s. It's nice that we can use brand names again instead of brand web addresses.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UltraRant
By the way, what's the logo in red on the belly of the aircraft? A hammer and scythe?
???

It's a lounger with a parasol!

Perhaps we had nothing to fear from the Soviets, afterall, except sunburn!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.