Wiki Posts
Search

transavia medium-haul award with long-haul

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
transavia medium-haul award with long-haul

Does anybody know if Transavia intra-European flights from AMS or CDG can be booked as award flights in combination with KL/AF long-haul flights to AMS or CDG? (In the same way as an award flight say SIN-AMS/CDG-Europe is not more expensive than an award flight SIN-AMS/CDG?)
Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I really doubt it, as there does not appear to be any single method by which you could book both a Transavia and a KLM/AF flight simultaneously, on one ticket.

Transavia bookings are made by calling Transavia directly (there is no other way to book an HV ticket using FB miles than to call). They almost certainly will have no access to Flying Blue award inventory, but will only be able to carry out the booking in their own systems once they have verified your Flying Blue credentials.

Similarly, AF/KL and Skyteam/partner bookings are made by contacting/calling Flying Blue directly. They don't have access to Transavia award "inventory" (I speculate that such a thing does not exist, but that Transavia judges themselves, when called, whether they can "sell" a seat for Miles upon request) as, otherwise, we wouldn't have to call Transavia.

Note, also, that you cannot even buy combined AF and Transavia tickets at all*. You can only buy combined KL and Transavia tickets for that tiny selection of routes where KL actually codeshares on HV flights (so, if your intended destination is one of these, then it *may* be possible to have an FB award ticket issued by KLM, but I would be surprised)

But by all means - ring/contact Flying Blue and report back, please!

(*I'm 99% sure that AF does not codeshare on any Transavia routes.

KL codeshares [either in the past summer season, the upcoming winter season, or next year's summer season] on HV flights to/from:
Alicante, Barcelona, Bari, Casablanca, Catania, Faro, Fuertaventura, Girona, Gran Canaria, Heraklion, Ibiza, Innsbruck, Izmir, Lisbon, Madeira, Malaga, Marrakech, Naples, Palma de Mallorca, Pisa, Porto, Salzburg, Santa Cruz de la Palma, Seville, Tenerife-South, Thessaloniki, Turin, Valencia, Verona)

Last edited by irishguy28; Oct 2, 2014 at 6:43 am
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Does Transavia now fly from CDG? I thought they only went from Orly. I've looked online and couldn't find anything.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. From Paris, Transavia flies only from Orly

http://www.transavia.com/hv/en-EU/destinations
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
No. From Paris, Transavia flies only from Orly

http://www.transavia.com/hv/en-EU/destinations
Thanks, that is what I thought. I continue my eternal search for flights to SZG while staying on a Skyteam TATL nonstop. FRA still seems the only option that reasonably connects.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Thanks, that is what I thought. I continue my eternal search for flights to SZG while staying on a Skyteam TATL nonstop. FRA still seems the only option that reasonably connects.
I quite fancy myself as a KL route planning expert in my next life, and have for sometime been thinking SZG would be a good addition to the KLC network (following on from the likes of ZAG, BIO, FLR etc).
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by sbams
I quite fancy myself as a KL route planning expert in my next life, and have for sometime been thinking SZG would be a good addition to the KLC network (following on from the likes of ZAG, BIO, FLR etc).
One can only hope. AF flew a code share CDG-SZG for a few years...think it was via Tyrolean.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
An interesting question! I've been playing around with the online award booking tool, and - whatever I try - I just can't get any of the KL codeshares with HV (Transavia Holland) to come up!

Attempts to book SIN-SKG (Thessaloniki - a known KL/HV codeshare from AMS) comes up with the routing: SIN-AMS-SVO-SKG (last leg on SU) or SIN-AMS-OTP-SKG (on RO). Also, looking at a NAP-AMS one-way on a date I actually have a (revenue) flight, NAP-AMS direct on HV metal with KL codeshare, only the two-flight options on KL/AZ metal are shown.

I guess the award engine only looks at SkyTeam metal flights!

Has anyone ever managed an award ticket on a KL or AF codeshare on non-ST metal?

-- Henry
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does City Jet count?

When searching to/from DUB, you never get the KL codeshares on EI via AMS, but you do get the AF codeshares on WX via CDG.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I reckon, when booking those Transavia European flights, that you really can only do it by calling and getting them to check for the specific flights in question, as you mention upthread. For a start, the mileage prices are totally different and really quite a good deal, when you consider countries like Spain and Italy are a different zone in Flying Blue and considerably more expensive in miles. I intend to book a Transavia miles ticket some time in future (just like I did with Martinair before they stopped operations)!
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Does City Jet count?

When searching to/from DUB, you never get the KL codeshares on EI via AMS, but you do get the AF codeshares on WX via CDG.
Perhaps nobody has yet told Flying Blue that Air France has sold Cityjet!

-- Henry
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
That could well be. They don't seem to care much about the programme,do they?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.