Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Air France denies miles credited by Aeroflot (skyteam member)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Since may 2013, Aeroflot gives 75% of the miles flown on his economic subclass "E".
On Air France Flying Blue, this flights are credited with 0%. Be careful, there is no internet publicity on the AF's rules. You may buy a flight and get NO reward.
Happened to you?
Mathieu
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
A little search would have anwered your question:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...ll-action.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...ero-miles.html

Each FFP sets their own earning rates. Flying Blue is not bound to give miles for every fare class that SU gives its own fliers. And the trend in the last few years - and the trend is accelerating - is that FB gives fewer miles and increases the amount of fare classes that do not earn anything.

Last edited by irishguy28; Apr 7, 2014 at 10:10 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
... fare classes that don't earn.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Each FFP sets their own earning rates. Flying Blue is not bound to give miles for every fare class that SU gives its own fliers. And the trend in the last few years - and the trend is accelerating - is that FB gives fewer miles and increases the amount of fare classes that do not earn anything.
I know Air France to be very mean on the rewards (and meaner each year) but until now I never experienced a payed international flight without status earning, at least.
I am very upset by the fact there is no table of the accrual earning rates applied by Air France available online. I had the flight in credited but not the out, so my gold level is not reached anymore. Time to apply for a more rewarding company.

Last edited by JOUY31; Apr 7, 2014 at 2:08 pm Reason: Comment based on nationality removed
Old Apr 7, 2014, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The earning table is actually published:

http://www.flyingblue.com/earn-miles.../aeroflot.html
Old Apr 7, 2014, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the information.
Sounds weird because I asked FB by mail about a table and they called me on my mobile this afternoon to assert it was no online earning table and that I had to call the 3272 (0.34 €/min) to get the datas.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Yep….this is constant frustration for me as I fly SU a lot. I booked a ticket that was a combo of T/Q. T is a lower fare class and I earned 75% where I only earned 50% for Q and it is more costly. Every few months, I question it and I get the normal message back that the program is constantly evolving. I guess I can at least be happy that SU is the only company that gets decent earnings with Flying Blue but it is annoying that you have to still watch out for the lower classes that FB still doesn't know exists. Aeroflot only realigned their classes in Feb 2013 so I guess we just need to be patient The real killer is Z class earning zero miles as well as Premium economy earning less than some regular economy. Rant over.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by matvol
Quote:

Thank you for the information.
Sounds weird because I asked FB by mail about a table and they called me on my mobile this afternoon to assert it was no online earning table and that I had to call the 3272 (0.34 €/min) to get the datas.
Most FB staff have not received enough proper training. It is sad, but true, that quite a few people here at FT know the program better than its staff members. I wish they were at least helpful and frankly admitted when they don't know their stuff. I have had too many tedious discussions with them.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I know Air France to be very mean on the rewards (and meaner each year) but until now I never experienced a payed international flight without status earning, at least.
FYI, there have always been non-earning paid classes on Skyteam partners on FB, right from the launch of the programme. Historically, this was most frequently the case with FB's Asian Skyteam partners which have always had many discount economy classes entirely excluded. And of course, as you know, now there are even AF paid fares which do not earn miles!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:58 am

After sending a few emails to FB they called me back today. They acknowledge the situation is not logic (specially for Z class) but they checked with aeroflot and it will stay this way.

I checked and 10 out of 16 skyteam programs give miles for these fares.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott

This page contradicts itself:

Earning possibilities for Flying Blue members:
As a Flying Blue member, you earn Award Miles and Level Miles on all Aeroflot-operated flights that are marketed as SU, AF, KL or SkyTeam. These flights count as eligible flights toward your Flying Blue membership level.

If the booking sub-class stated on your ticket is not mentioned in the above accrual scheme, it means that your booking sub-class is not part of the agreement for accrual or redemption of Miles. Unfortunately, you cannot earn or spend Miles on this flight.

At the very least, quoting the first paragraph above, ALL flights should count as an eligible flight towards status, even if they do not earn miles.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbams
This page contradicts itselfs

If the booking sub-class stated on your ticket is not mentioned in the above accrual scheme, it means that your booking sub-class is not part of the agreement for accrual or redemption of Miles. Unfortunately, you cannot earn or spend Miles on this flight.

At the very least, quoting the first paragraph above, ALL flights should count as an eligible flight towards status, even if they do not earn miles.
Hi Sbams,
You pointed it. Wide characters to say you'll get rewards on every single flight and tiny one to restrict it. Confusion as a marketing politic?
But who to talk with, is it a way to sue AF? Skyteam itself has no power.
The worst being that I believe AF will accept those SU classes (which have been changed in 2013) but they delay as long as they are not to much bothered by the customers.
Another thing: For a while (around 2010...), Air France made the business seats on bargain and gave free upgrade to the Elite's customers on the remaining seats. But it was no written rule and they stopped all that facilities without explanation. Looks like they are trying to discount the businesses seats again.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbams
This page contradicts itself:

Earning possibilities for Flying Blue members:
As a Flying Blue member, you earn Award Miles and Level Miles on all Aeroflot-operated flights that are marketed as SU, AF, KL or SkyTeam. These flights count as eligible flights toward your Flying Blue membership level.
Well, you have to read it in the light of the exceptions that follow.

But, strictly speaking, miles can indeed be earned on all flights. You just have to ensure your ticket books into an earning class.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Well, you have to read it in the light of the exceptions that follow.

But, strictly speaking, miles can indeed be earned on all flights. You just have to ensure your ticket books into an earning class.
Can is not a synonym of earn, is it? You really have a blind faith on Flying Blue's intentions, Irishguy28.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can is not a synonym of earn, is it? You really have a blind faith on Flying Blue's intentions, Irishguy28.
What the sentence means is that you will earn miles on all SU flights as long as you select a miles-earning fare and there are no SU flights that are in principle excluded from miles-earning.
The sentence says that you will earn "on all flights"; it does not say "on all flights in any booking class". Indeed, if the wide reading that some want to read in the sentence was correct, it would mean that you could also earn when flying on an award, which we always knew not to be the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.