Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

German Investor Aims to Create Regional Carrier with Air France's CityJet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: Many
282 (CityValue) vs 330 (Air France Classic) EUR for the cheapest return ticket the same day I can find fitting my schedule on 9th of April.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:25 am

Fare base is 112 vs 157 EUR. Taxes are the same : 169,89 EUR. AF adds 3 EUR service fee.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
So, assuming WX 'sell' seats on their flights to AFKL for rather less than they do to mere mortals like us, then AFKL is making around €50 per segment on their codeshare - for doing very little work. Small wonder, then, that they would continue the arrangement after the sale!!

Further, if WX fills a few extra seats because of feeder traffic from AFKL, then both sides should be very happy.

-- Henry
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:14 am

If I take the ORY-LCY route, is that free-flow or block-seat code-share agreement?

There are also more things to take into consideration such as ground operations in ORY taken care by AF on behalf of WX.

Typical AF tickets buyers could be :
- connecting pax like NCE-ORY-LCY
- people running after FB qualifying segments / miles
- corporate contracts with AF
- Abonnés pax
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bodory
Typical AF tickets buyers could be :
- connecting pax like NCE-ORY-LCY
- people running after FB qualifying segments / miles
- corporate contracts with AF
- Abonnés pax
Absolutely, ie in AF's view all categories that it is legitimate to thoroughly 'milk', hence the high fares...
Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:31 am

Programs: FB
Originally Posted by bodory
I made dummy bookings for next month on the ORY-LCY route : AF coded flights priced on AF website are always more expensive than WX coded flights priced on WX website.
That is indeed the case for other routes (ANR - LCY and RTM - LCY) as well. It wasn't possible to book these flights on AF and KLM websites for a few weeks. Now they have returned, but prices have increased.

Also, I have noticed when looking to book a flight in June that the CitySaver fare class seems to have disappeared altogether. The cheapest option is now the CityValue fare. Admittedly, the CityValue fare in this scenario is lower than it used to be when CitySaver was offered but I am nonetheless annoyed by all of the unannounced changes made by Cityjet which have, quite frankly, made booking my flights with them a lot harder than it used to be. Luckily, Eurostar offers a very good and much cheaper Belgium to London alternative!

I will miss my regular Fokker 50 flights though.

Last edited by FrankC6; Mar 14, 2014 at 5:32 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, FlyingBlue Platinum

And it seems KL does not offer the one way at competitive prices anymore either.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:32 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D167 Safari/9537.53)

Email today confirming/reminding that from March 30th flights booked under the WX codes won't earn FB miles, but those under AF/KL still do.

I've also noticed consistent higher prices under the AF code on LCY-DUB than WX. If WX found some way to offer fast-track in DUB I'd drop FB like a hot snot.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D167 Safari/9537.53)

Email today confirming/reminding that from March 30th flights booked under the WX codes won't earn FB miles, but those under AF/KL still do.

I've also noticed consistent higher prices under the AF code on LCY-DUB than WX. If WX found some way to offer fast-track in DUB I'd drop FB like a hot snot.
Interesting that the email has this line near the end:
For the best fares and other benefits and features, please visit cityjet.com
(Of course, at Cityjet.com, you get the non-earning WX flight codes.)

-- Henry
Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Henry III
Interesting that the email has this line near the end:
For the best fares and other benefits and features, please visit cityjet.com
(Of course, at Cityjet.com, you get the non-earning WX flight codes.)

-- Henry
The non-earning WX flights are, indeed, the best fares.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 4:25 pm

Unsurprisingly the demerger is already throwing up lots of oddities.

Online checkin only available through WX website even when booked on the AF code. Consequently no status showing on WX boarding pass (as you would expect given they haven't launched their FFP yet). So no Sky Priority benefits.

No AF coded availability DUB-LCY single, but reappears when a return sector added.

Consequently it's simpler and cheaper booking direct with WX. Kudos to WX getting their Passbook/wallet boarding passes live already. Their website needs a bit of work though and no Amex payment functionality.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I hear BA intends to increase its activity at LCY this year with at least three additional aircraft on the way
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kgmm77

Unsurprisingly the demerger is already throwing up lots of oddities.

Online checkin only available through WX website even when booked on the AF code. Consequently no status showing on WX boarding pass (as you would expect given they haven't launched their FFP yet). So no Sky Priority benefits.

No AF coded availability DUB-LCY single, but reappears when a return sector added.

Consequently it's simpler and cheaper booking direct with WX. Kudos to WX getting their Passbook/wallet boarding passes live already. Their website needs a bit of work though and no Amex payment functionality.
These might no be "oddities" but expected changes. While AF "buys" some codeshares on some WX routes, the agreement might be simply for codeshare without other FFP or other agreements.

On many "basic" codeshares, you need to checkin with the operating airline.

If WX is not a member/partner of ST, then they do not give you skypriority.

In typical codeshare "extensions" you cannot buy the extension itself under the non-metal airline. For example, you can buy an AF-coded ticket CTS (Sapporo)-NRT-CDG all on AF codes, but you cannot buy a CTS-NRT on AF. I would guess that LCY plays the role of WX hub, just like NRT/HND play that role on JL metal for AF codeshares. Similarly, JL pax can get a CDG-NCE on JL code only if they fly to CDG on a JL code. Clearly your example (return vs One way) is different

Last edited by brunos; Mar 31, 2014 at 12:19 am
Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:49 am

Check-in heas changed for my ORY-LCY flight tomorrow compared to pre 30th March (I am on a AF flight number) :
- impossible to get Passbook BP on AF mobile app
- impossible to check-in on WX website (no more app btw)
- impossible to get mobile BP (embedded in e-mail) on AF website

All I get is a good old pdf BP to be printed home where I have no printer.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 5:01 am

So I just flew ORY-LCY and there was sort of a mess at boarding. Because the cockpit crew needed to balance the aircraft for take-off, they ask the (AF) boarding agent to change seat assignement for some pax. The so agent was unable to reach the flight manager because "apparemment les procédures ont changé pour ce vol depuis la semaine dernière" (boarding process seems to have changed last week). As a consequence, boarding was totally interrupted in its middle for several minutes, we lost our take-off slot and other nice surprises followed.

Maybe the gate agent was back from vacation and not aware of anything about WX not part of AF anymore. Still, none of her AF colleagues was able to inform her.

Also, AF BPs are now showing WX flight number in addition to AF flight number (if booked through AF).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.