KLM and Delta

Old May 3, 2013, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA, DL
Smile KLM and Delta

I've never flown KLM and neither have I flown Delta from Europe.

I'll be flying business class

KLM
SFO - AMS 744 jet
AMS - LIN 737 jet

Delta
MXP - JFK 767-400 jet
JFK - SFO 757-200 jet

What can I expect? Which lounge will I be using at SFO?

Thanks.
Chan
Old May 14, 2013, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA, DL
KLM et DL

Originally Posted by ronin98syu
I've never flown KLM and neither have I flown Delta from Europe.

I'll be flying business class

KLM
SFO - AMS 744 jet
AMS - LIN 737 jet

Delta
MXP - JFK 767-400 jet
JFK - SFO 757-200 jet

What can I expect? Which lounge will I be using at SFO?

Thanks.
Chan
Since no now answered my questions before I left, I will now answer my own question

KLM 606 SFO-AMS
The layout of the business cabin as well as the seats were so outdated. It was hard to fall asleep on an angled bed. The services from the crew made up for it. The crew was excellent. Food was mediocre at best. I was lucky enough to be seated at the upper deck.

Lounges at SFO: staff were friendly. The items offered were limited, BUT they had champaign ^

Lounge at AMS: again staff were friendly and helpful. The items (breakfast) were limited, but selections were a bit better than those at SFO.

KL 3419 AMS-LIN, operated by Alitalia
It was an old plane. The boarding process was a mess. The seat wasn't comfortable. Again, services saved the day. However, at Milan LIN airport, my luggage, along with 15 others', was misplaced. We had to wait additional 40 minutes for them to locate our luggage. All in all, we waited for 90 minutes for our luggage from the moment we stepped off the plane.

Lounge at Milan MXP
Food was limited, but the staff were helpful and friendly. Seats were limited as well.

DL 161. MXP-JFK
Finally, this flight did have the lie-flat seats for the business cabin ^. I have never flown DL on international routes. The services from this crew impressed me a great deal. Food was better.

Lounge at JFK: by T2 gate 21. I thought that this lounge was a joke. The red wine offered was bad. To get a glass of Cabernet or champaign, one needed to purchase. The shower area was spacious, but the amenities were falling apart. Wi-fi speed was slow. Thank goodness I didn't have to pay to use this lounge. The lady who checked me in at the front desk was super nice, friendly and efficient.

DL 2065 JFK-SFO
The crew member from this flight were AMAZING. Haven't seen any US flight attendants provide services such as this!!! They greeted everyone by names. If you were a DL member, they welcomed you back. For me, they thanked me for flying Delta. They were very personal, professional, friendly and attentive. The food on this flight was not bad. I was impressed!

Ciao,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.