Wiki Posts
Search

FlyBe

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2013, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
FlyBe

Is FlyBe still a code share partner with AF ? If so, how's the best way to book a 'FlyBe/AF' flight as I can't see a way to do this on the AF site?
Thanks.
Old May 11, 2013, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by mike turnbull
Is FlyBe still a code share partner with AF ? If so, how's the best way to book a 'FlyBe/AF' flight as I can't see a way to do this on the AF site?
Thanks.
It will typically pop in automatically when you try to reserve the routes on which they codeshare (e.g. CDG-MAN). What are you trying to book exactly?
Old May 11, 2013, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks,

Thanks for that.
Basically anything to the sun out of my local airport, Southampton, where FlyBe are the dominant carrier.
The only thing I could book...code share...is the one and only actual AF flight of the day to Paris, which is actually a FlyBe code share.....but my wife wants sunshine !
Old May 11, 2013, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
If you could be clearer, we could help you. Where do you want to go and do you want to be booked under AF or under BE code ?
Old May 11, 2013, 8:33 am
Original Poster

?

I've now found out that the following FlyBe flights are code shared with AF, so I think that all I need to do now is hunt around for suitable dates/fares for me, and, probably the challenge, to call the helpdesk for a 'free flight' for my wife.

Southampton – Avignon
Southampton – Bergerac
Southampton – Beziers
Southampton – Bordeaux
Southampton – Brest
Southampton – Chambery
Southampton – Clermont-Ferrand
Southampton – La Rochelle
Southampton – Limoges
Southampton – Nice
Southampton – Paris Orly Ouest
Southampton – Pau
Southampton – Perpignan
Southampton – Rennes
Old May 11, 2013, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I've now found out that the following FlyBe flights are code shared with AF, so I think that all I need to do now is hunt around for suitable dates/fares for me, and, probably the challenge, to call the helpdesk for a 'free flight' for my wife.

Southampton – Avignon
Southampton – Bergerac
Southampton – Beziers
Southampton – Bordeaux
Southampton – Brest
Southampton – Chambery
Southampton – Limoges
Southampton – Nice
Southampton – Pau
Southampton – Perpignan
Southampton – Rennes
The one with four letters offers a lot of sunshine I think it only flies on Saturdays though.
Old May 11, 2013, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

Southampton – Avignon
Southampton – Bergerac
Southampton – Beziers
Southampton – Bordeaux
Southampton – Brest
Southampton – Chambery
Southampton – Limoges
Southampton – Nice
Southampton – Pau
Southampton – Perpignan
Southampton – Rennes
So I understand you want to book an award ticket ? I don't know if the BE-operated flights are bookable on AF site or if you have to call FB. But all these flights being BE-operated, do not expect to have tons of availability.
Old May 11, 2013, 4:06 pm

Other Flybe operated flights for Finnair and code-shared by AF are Helsinki -Turku/Tampere/Tallinn/Riga and some more Destinations.
Old May 16, 2013, 4:13 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
La Rochelle is, IMO, particularly good for a short visit. Also (unless you especially like to fly solely on BE), you may get the chance of a SOU-ORY-LRH (or v/v) route, with the ORY-LRH leg on the wonderful Beechcraft 1900.

Operated by "Chalair for Airlinair" (A5 - or are they now Hop!?), this is a very small (19 pax) turboprop, with 1 x 1 seating. You have to crouch as you go down the aisle, and there'll be a small 'parcel' waiting for you on your seat (in lieu of in-flight service). The co-pilot doubles up as FA (for the safety demo) and, during the flight, you can gaze down the aisle, right through the front windows. All in all, a fascinating experience for flying enthusiasts - even more so if, like me, you rather enjoy the effects of 'light chop' (turbulence).

-- Henry

PS: All that's really missing is the handing out of Biggles-style goggles and somebody shouting, "Chocks Away!"

PPS: On the AF website, it seems that the only route that comes up for SOU - LRH is as outlined above.

Last edited by Henry III; May 16, 2013 at 4:20 am
Old May 16, 2013, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold

Southampton – Avignon
Southampton – Bergerac
Southampton – Beziers
Southampton – Bordeaux
Southampton – Brest
Southampton – Chambery
Southampton – Limoges
Southampton – Nice
Southampton – Pau
Southampton – Perpignan
Southampton – Rennes
This page would suggest that only the following routes from SOU have an AF codeshare number:

Bergerac (EGC) - BE3645/AF6525
Chambery (CMF) - BE3613/AF6527
Limoges (LIG) - BE3225/AF6506
Nice (NIC) - BE3615/AF6477
Orly (ORL) BE3041 3045 3047 / AF1771 1871 1971
Rennes (RNS) BE3025/AF6502

However, I can't even get the Air France website to sell me a cash ticket on SOU-ORL, and I really think you will have a hard time getting a reward ticket on any of these flights...
Old May 16, 2013, 5:58 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
I would also imagine that 2 x (say) SOU-NIC r/t bought on the Flybe website (straight BE stock - no codeshare) would be (considerably) less expensive than buying 1 x Cash plus 1 x Award r/t through the AF/FB websites.

But, of course, no FB miles or qualifying segments (if that's what you're after) when buying BE tickets on BE flights, even if they are code-shared with AF.

-- Henry
Old May 16, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Regarding flying Flybe on a AF-codeshared flight (with an AF ticket, of course), does anyone know about lounge access ? That's ok from Southampton but what about the other airports ?
I'm soon flying from Guernsey...

Thanks.
Old May 17, 2013, 4:20 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
How much longer FlyBE will be around is a moot point.

They are selling off the family silver to keep the airline going.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-22510071

Not sure it will still be here in 3 years time. Hurray!
Old May 17, 2013, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are SkyTeam Elite+ flying on an international AF ticket you should have lounge access at your point of departure.
Old May 18, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Calchas
If you are SkyTeam Elite+ flying on an international AF ticket you should have lounge access at your point of departure.
And a coupon for a free drink on board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.