Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum for Life

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just got my monthly FB news email and this time they have ended the confusion. It says very clearly that Plat for Life is now mine and that the full privileges will begin next April. I guess they had enough complaints from confused people, eh?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by stimpy
I just got my monthly FB news email and this time they have ended the confusion. It says very clearly that Plat for Life is now mine and that the full privileges will begin next April. I guess they had enough complaints from confused people, eh?
Congratulations!

However now I am a little confused. If Platinum for life is yours *now*, why then to benefit only start *next April*?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Congratulations!

However now I am a little confused. If Platinum for life is yours *now*, why then to benefit only start *next April*?
Presumably because the "current" platinum status (which ends on 31/12/2013, but which is effectively prolonged until 31/03/2014) was earned the hard way. Hence, the first day of having Platinum without having had to qualify the hard way will actually be 01/04/14.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Not sure. Maybe they mean the card with the word Lifetime on it? Or maybe it is an invitation to a party in Amsterdam?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Presumably because the "current" platinum status (which ends on 31/12/2013, but which is effectively prolonged until 31/03/2014) was earned the hard way. Hence, the first day of having Platinum without having had to qualify the hard way will actually be 01/04/14.
Actually you are one year off. My first day of Plat the easy way would be 01/04/2015 as I obviously already qualified this year or I would not have LTPE.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
sounds like it's FB that's one year off, not me!

And hence confusion continues!!
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Actually you are one year off. My first day of Plat the easy way would be 01/04/2015 as I obviously already qualified this year or I would not have LTPE.
Could you tell us what is written today on your account?
On mine, but I never received any confirmation by mail like you, it is written:
"If you stay 0 years more Platinum, you will become Platinum for Life"

Last edited by delanotre; Jun 20, 2013 at 10:54 am Reason: precision
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Ouch, now I feel bad... everybody thought confusion was over, but my question seems to have brought it back. Sorry...
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:56 am

In short, when they tell you in your FB news that you got it, you got it, just wait a few months.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by delanotre
Could you tell us what is written today on your account?
On mine, but I never received any confirmation by mail like you, it is written:
"If you stay 0 years more Platinum, you will become Platinum for Life"
On the FB news email it says In recognition of your outstanding loyalty over the last decade, we are delighted to honour you with Platinum for Life status. Now Platinum membership and all its privileges are yours for life from 1 April 2014. Congratulations and welcome!

But on the AF site it still says the slightly confusing Si vous conservez votre statut Platinum 1 année(s), vous deviendrez Platinum à vie. Since I passed 70K miles a while ago, I would have thought it would update, but at least the FB newsletter is correct.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 2:39 am

On the FB news email it says In recognition of your outstanding loyalty over the last decade, we are delighted to honour you with Platinum for Life status. Now Platinum membership and all its privileges are yours for life from 1 April 2014. Congratulations and welcome!

But on the AF site it still says the slightly confusing Si vous conservez votre statut Platinum 1 année(s), vous deviendrez Platinum à vie. Since I passed 70K miles a while ago, I would have thought it would update, but at least the FB newsletter is correct.
I receive FB news by postal mail: the last one, two days ago, is for april...
and do not mention that I need 0 year(s), as on the web site account, and of course, nothing on my next lifetime status:
just the number of miles I need to keep my Platinum status next year... So FB is very unconsistent with communication

If I read well your post, I am one year more status than you and I should be yet LTPE..

Last edited by delanotre; Jun 22, 2013 at 2:56 am Reason: precision
Old Jun 22, 2013, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I receive FB news by postal mail: the last one, two days ago, is for april...
and do not mention that I need 0 year(s), as on the web site account, and of course, nothing on my next lifetime status:
just the number of miles I need to keep my Platinum status next year... So FB is very unconsistent with communication
My previous FB emails did not have that text that said I am now LTPE. It was only the one that arrived a couple days ago. So maybe you have to wait til your June news arrives by post to see the same text I note above.

If I read well your post, I am one year more status than you and I should be yet LTPE..
I am pretty sure that this is my 10th year of Platinum/Rouge. And since I have more than enough EQM's this year I have effectively reached the LTPE level.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 6:54 am

...this is my 10th year of Platinum/Rouge. And since I have more than enough EQM's this year I have effectively reached the LTPE level.
I were Frequence Plus Rouge from 2003 and FB Plat since 2005
Old Jun 22, 2013, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I were Frequence Plus Rouge from 2003 and FB Plat since 2005
I think that is the same for me.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 5:09 am

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
Did you notice ? Another bug in AF website.

Up to now, my account showed that I had 0 year before becoming Plat for life, meaning I just had to wait to the anniversary day of my becoming FP rouge - that was discussed earlier in this thread.
Today, it shows 2 years of additional qualification (corresponding to the period when I was most-regretted FP rouge).

I had a chat conversation with AF support, they will come back to me.

Do you have noticed a disregard of your pre-FB history in your account ?

Needless to say, KL site gives the same info.

Last edited by mogoy; Jul 10, 2013 at 6:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.