Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Error reports and suggestions for OLCI/mobile CKI

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2013, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by sigbjod
He also suggested discretely that I should use a phone from the company with a fruit in it's logo instead, as it works so much better. Am I the only one finding this odd?
Yes, but I certainly agree with his suggestion
Old Jun 5, 2013, 6:10 am

Programs: Many
For a week now, both on KL ad AF websites, I get an error message when trying to send BP by e-mail to my phone (iPhone if that matters). Definitely annyoying when you do not have a printer with you.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
AF app now supports passbook.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
AF app now supports passbook.
^^^

Fantastic. Makes life even easier. The design and functionality of the AF app is actually very good (what makes it annoying are the many bugs ), and with this it becomes even better. Will be using it this week.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:21 am

KLM App has just been released. It also includes Passbook functionality.
Your feedback is much appreciated!
Old Jul 18, 2013, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Haven't posted here in a while because for a period of time simple things worked and I wasn't flying AFKL too much. For the other errors I was just too tired to post. But now, ten AFKL flights in as many days, it starts going on my nerves again.

KL flight, Europe, Economy: pre-assigned EC seat during booking, when checking in on mobile and verifying later on PC I had been re-seated to a worse seat, no possibility to change. Seat map showed flight almost completely full, but in fact it wasn't

KL flight, Europe, Economy: pre-assigned EC seat during booking, impossible to change during mobile CKI, seat map showed plane full. Only upon selecting Business seat and not paying the surcharge did the seat map suddenly show up correctly, with plenty of free seats. Selection was possible, but then process stalled. At least I knew which seat to ask for at the airport

AF flight, longhaul, Business: "Too early to check-in. You can check in on xx at yy hours". It was well beyond that point, still couldn't chech-in, neither mobile nor PC

AF flight, longhaul, Business: only got confirmation of check-in but not actual BP, then at counter they gave me a seat that I did not want despite me having had checked-in before. I showed them the confirmation but they said that this wasn't a boarding pass and therefore I was treated as if I didn't have a seat assigned

AF flight, Europe connecting to longhaul, Business: on PC, possibility to select seat assignment for shorthaul flight, but not for longhaul (but it showed the one that I had pre-assigned). Tried on mobile, no problem for shorthaul and electronic BP with Passport was created, but for longhaul "you cannot check-in for your connecting flight, do it at the airport". Tried 1 minute later on PC, no problem, could select seat for all shorthaul and longhaul. All of these happened within the 30 hour window of both the shorthaul and longhaul departure

Plus something I witnessed happening to a friend of mine:

AF flight, longhaul, Economy: parents with one child, wanted to check-in together by "add another passenger", kept on receiving error message "child cannot be checked-in alone" despite it being checked in with parents. Same problem on PC and mobile.

I understand this thread is being monitored so I hope these error reports help in improving the reliability of the product. The functionality of the mobile app is now good, the layout okayish (needs an easier way to check flight status), but all in all and especially since adding Passport the KLM and AF mobile phone apps are nice to use ^ (if only LX copied them...)

EDIT: one error I forgot to mention. There is a good idea to define one's preferred method of BP delivrey, no more need to re-select it at every time. However, the execution is bugged, because upon re-visiting the CKI site the system has remembered that I want my BP sent to my mobile's e-mail, but it got the wrong email address...
Old Jul 18, 2013, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Plus something I witnessed happening to a friend of mine:

AF flight, longhaul, Economy: parents with one child, wanted to check-in together by "add another passenger", kept on receiving error message "child cannot be checked-in alone" despite it being checked in with parents. Same problem on PC and mobile.
Happened also. I ticked the box "the pax is aged 12 or more" and no more problem.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bodory
Happened also. I ticked the box "the pax is aged 12 or more" and no more problem.
Thought about that, but it couldn't be done. That error message came before.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

AF flight, Europe connecting to longhaul, Business: on PC, possibility to select seat assignment for shorthaul flight, but not for longhaul (but it showed the one that I had pre-assigned). Tried on mobile, no problem for shorthaul and electronic BP with Passport was created, but for longhaul "you cannot check-in for your connecting flight, do it at the airport". Tried 1 minute later on PC, no problem, could select seat for all shorthaul and longhaul. All of these happened within the 30 hour window of both the shorthaul and longhaul departure
Variant several hours later: now I can select/change the shorthaul seat which wasn't possible in the beginning. But I can no longer change the longhaul seat, which was possible in the beginning.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:31 am

Thought about that, but it couldn't be done. That error message came before.
Ah : so AF is consistent in its IT inconsistency !
Old Aug 4, 2013, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Something else which annoys me every time: when checking in for a flight in Business Class on the iphone app the seat map appears and then disappears. One has to "swipe" it back to the screen. It looks as if the application actually zooms on where the Y cabin is but then doesn't display any seats there because the booking is in Business, and so the screen is empty and white.

Also: plenty of inconsistencies in baggage allowance indications between what is on the site, on the iPhone app, etc. Also inconsistencies on the web page between what shows in the reservation view and what shows in the CKI screen. Even more absurd: return flight booked, same booking class, all flights operated by AF - for outbound leg it shows "3 pieces of luggage" (which is correct, 2 pieces for J and 1 for status), for return leg only "2 pieces of luggage" (which is not correct).

Some cleaning up would be needed.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 2:30 am

I've had a new one today.
For a ticket I booked online at AF's website a couple of weeks ago, I cannot check in.

I've tried on KLM's website, same message.

I've read that this is sometimes due to a visa / passport / extra security check issue, but I've been on this route weekly for the last 3 years and have never had a problem. It's an EU flight, I'm travellink on a British passport so fail to see why that's the problem.

The mobile app gives me a different, more cryptic message: "Sorry - this service is not currently available. Please try again later."

With the flight at 06:40, I really don't want to have to get to the airport earlier for check-in and not really keen on being forced to sit in 32E if it's the last seat available being platinum and all that!
Old Aug 6, 2013, 9:24 am

Your post contains personal data I would remove if I were you.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Same issue for my flight tomorrow ARN-AMS. Happy with my seats so that is not an issue, just cant check in.

I am normally able to leave the office an hour before and comfortably make the flight but if OLCI is not sorted by then I guess its queue time at Arlanda....
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Checked in yesterday for a flight today, traveling with a couple of friends who have too much luggage. I said I'll take care of it and wanted to buy an additional piece of lugagge allowance before going to the airport (it's less expensive, isn't it? Or is this something I have picked up from another airline and it does not apply to AF? Never paid luggage surcharge in my entire life...)

Tried on the mobile app, pressed the button to add extra luggage. "You cannot check in for this flight. Check in is possible 30 hours before, 24 hours for flights from xxx" - ?? This was 4 hours before departure!

Then went on the website. There was no possibility to add luggage either. Maybe because we had already checked-in?

(Off topic, but well worth mentioning: the outsourced CKI agents at the airport were generous, my wife smiled them into accepting the additional piece without any charge. ^)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.