Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Not a SINGLE USA->Europe Y promo for summer? Thanks Air France/KLM!

Old Jul 12, 2012, 7:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many

lol @ this airline
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:23 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Promotional fares during the peak season? Seems doubtful.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: FB Gold, M&S Gold, QF Gold
Promo awards for July/August are available since the 28th of June. I'm guessing they sold out pretty quickly, it's been already 15 days.

Seems pretty normal for high season.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Promotional fares during the peak season? Seems doubtful.
+1. To OP: have you been on a transatlantic flight this year? I have. They are booked up - in fact largely overbooked - in Y. There is really no reason why AF or KL should offer any promo awards in Y on those routes. It is in fact pretty good if you can find any awards at all, many airlines just do blackout dates in this period.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 6:24 am
ixs

Programs: Many
If you're looking for a cheap fare out of France or Netherlands, go look eastwards at Lufthansa or westwards at BA. They do have cheaper fares available.

Or start your trip in another country.

I was considering going for a flight to South Africa in September starting at AMS:

KL 1400 EUR direct
AF 1200 EUR change in CDG
LH 680 EUR change in FRA
BA 680 EUR change in LHR

At that point I was just going to fly LHR until I noticed that KLM was running a special promo ex-Germany:

460 EUR for JNB and also NA destinations. Travel period was SEP/OCT.

Perfect. Snagged the 460EUR flight ex HAM, staying a few days longer than I actually planned but meh. Plus 95 EUR for the AMS-HAM-AMS flight and 59 EUR for the Ibis at the HAM airport. I'd say that's a perfectly acceptable promo deal.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 8:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
lol @ this airline
Did I miss the irony or do you really expect an award seat in Y across the pond from the second week of July until the last week of August? On which flight?

Did they bring back the LHR-LAX nonstop service by any chance?

Would have been our only shot, I guess no flight has ever performed as bad during the peak season as the LHR-LAX service....

Actually, I already considered the Webawards in Y to be a pretty good joke considering loads in the high 90's for most of two months.

Both the Netherlands, certain parts of Germany and most parts of France are on summer holiday starting in the second week of July, so maybe there was a chance in early July...

In addition to that, certain parts of Germany and the Netherlands are back before the third weekend in August, so maybe you have another shot after August 19, lots of folks from the US return to their home country, though...

Booking a day or two before the flight might also be an option, maybe some flights did not reach their overbooking thresholds...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.