Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge options at Zurich airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2012, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Lounge options at Zurich airport

Hi everyone,

It seems like there are two lounges for Skyteam elite members at Zurich airport - the Air France lounge and the panorama lounge. Can I assume that a flying blue member with gold status can access both lounges?

Have been to the Air France lounge before it nothing special. Does anyone knows if the panorama lounge is any better?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
If the lounge is listed as SkyTeam lounge, you have access based on your E+.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Hi,

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
If the lounge is listed as SkyTeam lounge, you have access based on your E+.
I'm afraid the Panorama lounge is located near E gates, that is in the non-Schengen area. If you're flying to Paris, you won't get access.

Nico40.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
I'm afraid the Panorama lounge is located near E gates, that is in the non-Schengen area. If you're flying to Paris, you won't get access.
I'll be flying to Amsterdam so I can only go to the Air France lounge. Its a shame as I thought I can try out the panorama. Perhaps another time.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
Consistency of Air France lounge in ZRH

Originally Posted by chinhk
Have been to the Air France lounge before it nothing special.
I find that the quality of several lounges in ZRH (at least the 5 LX ones I use: Arrivals, F, SEN A, SEN D and Biz in A) depends on the staff, and how one treats them. They are often prickly on top but thoroughly charmable and charming below.

The AF lounge is much less quixotic. Its staff - from the lowliest to the weekend-helping-out manager - are consistently moaning and verging on the surly, like we owe them a living. I often wonder if these people commute in from Paris every morning, such is their rudeness or disdain for clients.

Similarly, the IT facilities are consistently far beyond a slight such as 'unreliable'. One can count on at least one, if not all three, terminals to be down. When one is up, one finds that access to many sites is unavailable.

The staff are sincerely consistent in what they do with any comment or request on this shameful state of IT affairs. Spoken or written requests, polite or frustrated, are all dealt with with the same degree of total disregard and complete inaction.

Yes, you know where you are in the AF lounge in ZRH.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 4:23 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi all,

Bringing this old topic up - but am curious what's the lounge situation when flying KL from ZRH? On the KLM website itself, it tells me no lounge offered, at AF, some cryptical, CRM lounge (?) and on the Skyteam website I see a Dnata lounge (on L3) as the option for Schengen destinations - however when trying to find the locations of these lounges, I can't find them on the Zurich airport interactive map.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!
Old Jun 22, 2021, 5:23 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
The last two weeks it was the Zurich Aspire Lounge, think this was reopened somewhere in the beginning of June. KL is using the A gates but the lounge is in the direction of the B gates. So for the lounge after security you turn left and follow the signs (Marhaba/Dnata skyview lounge/Aspire lounge).

iirc the Aspire & Marhaba lounge are on the map and are all pretty close to each other.
nldogbert likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:01 pm

Resurrecting this thread: KLM / AF now uses the Marhaba lounge and not the Aspire one any more.
Goldorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.