Increase in costs for changing tickets

Subscribe
Another increase in fees, this time relating to changing your ticket.
Quote:
Verhoging wijzigingskosten
KLM, Air France en partners Delta Airlines en Alitalia verhogen de wijzigingskosten. Dit geldt voor ticketuitgifte op of na 3 mei 2012 voor reizen vanaf 4 mei 2012.
Met ingang van 3 mei 2012 zullen de volgende bedragen worden gerekend:
  • Long haul
    - EUR 120 in Economy Class en Premium Voyageur, waar nu EUR 100 wordt gerekend
    - EUR 240 in Business Class, waar nu EUR 200 wordt gerekend
  • Europa
    - EUR 70 waar nu EUR 50 wordt gerekend

Uitzonderingen:
- De wijzigingskosten van de tarieven naar long haul bestemmingen met farebasis ..V1NL blijven ongewijzigd.
- De wijzigingskosten van de tarieven naar Europese bestemmingen met farebasis ZSFNL blijven ongewijzigd.

Alle tickets uitgegeven v๓๓r 3 mei 2012 behouden de huidige wijzigingsvoorwaarden wanneer het ticket wordt heruitgegeven.
Short translation:

AF/KL/DL will increase the costs of changing your ticket. This goes into effect for tickets issued after 3 May 2012.
Long haul: €100 --> €120 (for Economy and Premium Voyageur);
Long haul: €200 --> €240 (Business Class);
Europe: €50 --> €70.

Certain fare classes are exempt from these changes (.V1NL - long haul - and ZSFNL - Europe)
WHAT IS THIS?!
KLM is trying to do everything right now to earn money, euro-by-euro, cent-by-cent.
1. Cut food service quality onboard
2. Cut out the cupboard for jackets
3. Tariff for all kinds of sports equipments
4. And now this: Increase in costs for ticket changes...

What is next??? I haven't seen any real good changes since the start of 2012. I am just waiting for the Flying Blue programme to be devaluated also. I am counting on that will happen soon.... especially since the advantages we are getting are ''free''.

Sincerely,

SB
I agree. Especially the E50 charge for changing all but one intra-EU fares was very attractive.
And for changes done over the phone, there is now a reissuing fee of € 15.

So, for European tickets changed over the phone, the change fee went from € 50 to € 85.
Do they waive that fee when the website doesn't work? Since that is the case like...always Even my next european flights: all in R, should be changeable, but the website says something like: changes cannot be made online.

Also I found that when changing over the phone (or in the lounge) more alternative routes/times are offered than online. Ie, an AF trip AMS-CDG-xxx can online not be changed to a direct AMS-xxx flight on KL. on the phone they can, and in some cases, the fare difference is less (so overall it's cheaper).
The few changes I've made, how straightforward as they were, couldn't be done online. It sucks having to pay an extra E15 for that!
I heard that the change fee was now €1000 for F class !
That sounds about right; after all, F class is supposed to be ritzy.